1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

10-month old not eating well

Discussion in 'Infants' started by shari2003, Feb 25, 2015.

1. shari2003

shari2003 Silver IL'ite

Dear ladies, please help.

My 10-month old is very reluctant to take solids. She used to eat properly until about 10 days back, but now just the opposite. We tried different varieties, textures, but nothing works.
    She used to eat dosa/ idli/ idiappam/ chappathi/ puttu/ puri/ paratha for breakfast with veggies, rice with dal/ carrot/ palak/ channa/ curd for lunch and some tiffin as dinner. As in-between meal snacks we used to give bananas/water melon/orange/ crackers/ biscuits/ potato tikki/ boiled sweet potato etc. This is more or less the menu that we followed.
    But now, she takes just 3-4 mouths and then spits the rest and refuses to take any more.

Tried letting her feed on her own, but, the same repeats.
    Tried showing crows/ cats etc and divert her while she eats, but we end up feeding the crows more than what she eats
    Tried so many ways, but all in vein.

Please help.

2. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Sweet ..:rotfl. While feeding mine, sometimes I get frustrated and eat her food or give to DH. About baby's not eating, I do not know much as mine is younger. I will also wait for someone else's comments.

But it looks normal to me as she is still taking 3-4 spoons. My 8 mon does same when she is too tired, sleepy or excited and playing with toys.
    I have seen parents feeding with TV (I am not suggesting, but I might end up doing same)
    Try some other foods or if that does not work, may be give it a rest for a 1 day. Feed whatever she takes. If she is healthy and eliminating fine, it should be okay.

BTW, ever since I started solids, my baby is doing green p**. green in different shades everyday..:rotflIt should be okay,right?

3. hope2b

hope2b Silver IL'ite

May be she's teething? Please wait and let her only few mouthfuls, which is more than sufficient for them. The appetite will be back after that IMO.

4. hope2b

hope2b Silver IL'ite

Hi ruby3, yes the poop color changes and will be normal in few months time, once her system gets adjusted. No worries, unless its black.

5. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

"end up feeding the crows more than her" laugh1smiley

Some kids go through a phase where they dont like to eat anything. Just like in us adults. Just follow her routine as it is and keep offering food at the stipulated time. have you tried changing the tastes? Like adding pepper powder instead of redchili powder and things like that?

6. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Its the iron in her food. is she formula fed?

7. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

@Rakhii - Yes she is formula fed from the beginning (similac). I have been feeding solids for 3 months now. It of course was less in the beginning so it is because of adjustment in digestive system, I think it should have been okay by now. She has been doing it for long time, more than months. I talked to few and was told same ( solids).

8. viki123

viki123 Silver IL'ite

@shari2003
    Did you try feeding after after some time ? If she refuses let her play or do what she wants to do and then offer it some other time.
    My son does this some times, i just stop offering him and offer him later when he fusses or sometimes he plays takes a nap and then eats his meal.
    Sometime they just don't want to eat.
    Regarding TV, it depends on kid, i have TV on when feeding him to keep him quite, but its of no use, he play with spoons, bowls, try to grab everything ignoring the TV, throws his water bottle, toys, etc

@Sanjuruby
    Green poop is normal, my ped said it due to oxidization of food in the tummy. If the food is moving too fast through digestive track then it will be green in color.

9. resmij

resmij Silver IL'ite

hi,

may be teething?

check.

regards,
    resmij

10. shari2003

shari2003 Silver IL'ite

Hi Sanju, Thank you for reassuring that she might do ok. We have started a new trick of feeding her while we eat (same plate). So, she also picks up tiny bits once in a while (spills some of it and creates mess also). I do not want to use TV as a medium, though.

My baby passes green poop too; that is ok...