1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mom and Baby having fever and feeling sick Dad not arround what to do

Discussion in 'Infants' started by RedRuby, Feb 22, 2015.

1. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Hi Ladies, I havnt been online for quite a while, hoped it would be something happier I would post next time :( its not too bad but me and my now 6 month old daughter having both fever and i feel like a bus driven over me - completely mashed. Only meds i got here are some who say not to be used while breastfeeding and my hubby isnt arround today, no relatives are nearby and no friends have time...plus i have no car and as this is europe everything is closed!!! I have a pharmacy in the street we stay but it will just open tomorrow morning so i hoped to get some information about homeremedies to give to baby and to take myself.. all suggestions are welcomed.

Symptoms are just basically that we feel cold are shivering and shaking and having full body pain (the way she moans i guess she too is in pain)

1 person likes this.

2. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

1 person likes this.
  3. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

I Guesshoo, not sure if it is... me too was wondering wether there is some Notfalldoc i can call let me check the number you gave. I dont know what we have it just startet couple of hours ago today morning we where fine

4. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Hi OP, Fever is not good for baby do you have oral drops for fever with you now?

you also take fever medicine crocin or paracetamol if u have with u. If fever reduces u can get some energy.

tomorrow u can consult pharmacy doctor.

1 person likes this.
  5. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Redruby...take care sweety.....
    If the fever gets high.....you could use cold compress to cool down.
    Do you have any neighbors?

1 person likes this.
  6. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

I called a number they said ambulance is send if life is in danger and gave number of Notfallpractice they said i have to find a way to reach the practice till 11 tonight.. that practice is cross the city and i dont feel like Im able to manage right now. She asked me which medicines i have in store and told some something ( I didnt understand) is going arround like a wave / epidemic but she cant say which one we have. She said i have pinned my dd with it during bf... i heard by the time a mom knows she is sick its anywhays to late and the baby has it but if we continue breastfeeding they will get the antibodys so it wont get too bad and they will recover faster, she didnt say anything about that to me just that my baby got it because of me. Now I feel very guilty :(

7. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

No.. no neighbours.. just know one and she is not at home. Fever isnt too high yet i guess but it was increasing thats what concernd me.. im usually not the type to get fever so i was very surprised i got it. If getting worse i will for sure use compress.. im just defrosting a hot and spicy thai style soup, hope that will help a bit.. just gave dd some mash and she had it but was crying in between.. she is very fussy

Edit: meant to say im happy she is still eating a bit

8. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

Do you have friends or neighbour's close by ? Can you call your husband and get any collegeaue or friend's number who can help you. You have to bring down the fever of the baby else it will get fits which is not good for the baby. You should take a bowl of tepid water and start wiping the entire body of the baby with that water..continuously until the temperature comes down. Baby will feel uncomfortable and cry.. But that is the best way to bring down the temperature..start doing it immediately and if you have Crocin drops give a few drops to the baby. To bring down your temperature also you can take a shower in cold water.. Trust me this is the first aid given to bring the temperature down..

1 person likes this.
  9. pinky2cute

pinky2cute Platinum IL'ite

Hi, I'm a general physician....
    What's the temperature of your baby and you? Did you check with thermometer?
    Also, is the baby feeding well and passing adequate urine?
    Do not stop breast feeding.... we don't advice mother to stop feeding even if shez not well unless she has major infectious disease.

What's the weight of baby?

and do you have paracetamol drops fr baby at home?

I think every home should atleast have paracetamol drops and tablets [for adults] as basic medicines.

lemme knw more so i may help you

5 people like this.
  10. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Hi Kashmir Flower, thanks a lot for some reason i rememberd that i got a package of fever reducing suppository from her paed just in case she would get fever after vaccination which she didnt get so its unused. I just gave her one its with paracetamol. If mine gets worse i thought about getting one out of her package and take too :hide: