1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

1 month baby help!

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Kavirajesh, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Kavirajesh

Kavirajesh Silver IL'ite

Hello ladies,

Hope you all doing good. V has been blessed with baby boy on Dec 30th. First few weeks my lil one was very quite use to sleep a lot.
    But last few days he started to cry a lot mostly in night. Looks like he got colic but I'm not sure about that.
    Most of the time he sleeps only in my lap, yesterday I starts to feed him at 9pm and he wants me to feed continuously but after 10.30 he starts to rush to drink milk. Is that normal? Or he is doing becoz he s in sleepy mood. After 1 am my mom applied namakatti paste in his stomach and he starts to sleep.
    I'm really worrying a lot Becoz he s not getting good sleep. He sleeps only for 5 hours per day. And I don't know whether I'm giving him enough milk or not. So please give some tips to increase my milk, what are the food do I need to take,? Is there any alternative milk for infant( just in case he gets a lot)
    Experienced mothers pls help me out.

Waiting for a reply :)

Thanq

2. cutiepie66

cutiepie66 Gold IL'ite

1. Don't panic. It's common. Stress will reduce your milk supply.
    2. Make sure you get adequate rest. Rest is needed for you. Whenever the baby sleeps, sleep along with him.
    3. Take garlic, dry wish and shark (if you are non-veg).
    4. There is nothing called low milk supply. You are capable of producing enough milk for your baby.
    5. Dont go for any naatu vaithiyam or complementary feed for now. Wait till 6 months. Till that time exclusively breastfeed him. If required, apply anything outside. Dont give anything for internal consumption.
    6. If it is colic, you can give Colicaid (preferably with Doctor's opinion).
    7. First month will be tough. But dont worry this will pass soon. Patience required.
    8. Try to put him in cloth cradle. That will help him to sleep better without disturbance.
    9. If he continues to cry, consult your doctor.

3. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

Try colic Aids or gas drops ..

if you feel the baby is hungry and if you are ok to give formula , give top up formula of 1 oz or so in a bottle and see .

Eat oats , methi. , garlic which will increase milk supply

4. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

It could be a growth spurt. When he child needs more milk, he will constantly suckle for a 4-5 days in order to increase your supply with his demand. Get yourself comfortable and try the "biological nurturing" position. (Look it up online) The child will be on his tummy and this seemed to soothe my demanding baby a great deal.

If he is not sleeping much, hold him over your shoulder and burp him after each feed. Keep him upright for at least 20 min after a feed. Give him all the comfort he needs.

When you want him to sleep, make sure you have a sleep routine in place and make the room ready with curtains drawn and only a soft bedside light on. Give the child a massage, change the nappy, put on different clothes etc. while singing and talking in hushed tones. The child will understand the difference between sleeptine and playtime.

enjoy your time with the little one. Xx

1 person likes this.
  5. Kavirajesh

Kavirajesh Silver IL'ite

Thank you all for the reply. Its really helped me
    I have taken him to ped yesterday and he prescribed me zyrtec drops twice daily 5 drops. I have notice that he is becoming drowsy after I given this drops. Is that safe to give zyrtec for infant? I know doc only prescribed me even though I'm asking. Help me pls

6. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Looks like he is gaseous. Please follow tips suggested by @guesshoo

Any medicine given continuously is not good. Also zyrtec is an allergy medication which is usually an antihistamines. Antihistamines cause drowsiness. I am not sure why a pediatrician prescribed this. Did he give any reason? Babies may not sleep because of growth spurt or gas etc.

Have you tried the home remedies? If LO is gaseous applying hing paste on naval will help immensely. This is just like the namakatti paste. Both of them will relieve any kind of stomach pain due to gas. If your LO is able to sleep after doing this, then something that you eat is making him gassy.

A baby is termed colicky when he/she starts crying at similar time each day.