1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My 7 month does not crawl

Discussion in 'Infants' started by sanjuruby3, Feb 4, 2015.

1. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

@Sanjurubi, Lavanya30 is right some babies skip it. Maybe yours is even able to do it but simply to lazy. I always say mine is like a pancake - little, round shaped, sweet and you got to flip it by times laugh1smileyseems you too have a little sweet pancake ;) if you want to try your lil one a bit block her arm a bit and raise a toy over her so the other arm will follow, that way she will automatically turn over, paed told me to do this to "teach" her.

About the crawling.. its not necessary to do that but its good IF they do. It helps as the cross movements help the two halfes of the brain to connect but that can be done otherwise too. Some movements are connected to speach dissabilities but thats more fine motor skills so its alright if she explores things with her fingers thats more important.
    Just as an example: i know for sure that i was a lazy bug and startet crawling later then my cousins and i turned out fine and a topper in university, so dont worry your baby is alright.