1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

average weight of ebf babies?

Discussion in 'Infants' started by unicorn3, Jan 21, 2015.

1. unicorn3

unicorn3 New IL'ite

friends can u plz share what is the weight of an ebf baby girl weight at 5 months
    thanks

2. shama146

shama146 Gold IL'ite

My DD will be completing her 5 month this. 28. Her weight is approximately 7 kg. She is ebf.

3. unicorn3

unicorn3 New IL'ite

thanks shama146

my dd is completing 5months on 27august:), she weights aroung 6.9kgs, but when i take her out people keep telling she looks small for her agethinkingsmiley

can u plz tell me when u plan to start semi solids, solids for ur dd

4. shama146

shama146 Gold IL'ite

Don't start semi solids before 6 months completion. Ur dd weight is fine. Don't be bothered by what people say. And plz feed her only on ur milk till she completes 6 months. This is what my paediatrician told me. By this u will give her life long immunity from many diseases.

5. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Your ped will tell you if she is underweight or in range but smaller size. My baby is not EBF and was not weighed at 5 months, but at 6, so can not tell.

There is this baby's weight chart you can look online. It tells your normal weight range.
    If your baby is healthy, normal do not worry about thin stature. Moreover, sometimes it changes over time.

6. unicorn3

unicorn3 New IL'ite

thanks sanjuruby3

7. unicorn3

unicorn3 New IL'ite

shama146
    even i am planning to start semi soilds after 6months but there is so much pressure at home from elders complaining milk will not be suffiecent
    since both r babies r of same age can we share there milestones?
    my dd was born 27th august 2014
    birth weight 3.17kg.What was ur dd birth weight?
    my dd is able to roll over, and is trying to crawl now
    how is ur babys sleeping pattern, does she sleep through nite?

8. shama146

shama146 Gold IL'ite

Hi unicorn,

My dd was born on 28 Aug. Her birth weight was 2.67 kg. Now she weighs 7 kg.

She tries to roll, but is not able to do it completely. No crawling as of now. She is a very light sleeper. I really have difficulty putting her to sleep. During night its really very tough to make her sleep. She never sleeps before 12.30 in d night. She will get up 2-3 times for feeding. Dhe also gets up if her sleep gets disturbed, which happens often.

I hardly have a good night sleep. She keeps me waking after every 2 hours or so. During day she takes short naps. She is a very high maintenance baby. I have always have to be on her side, otherwise she starts crying inconsolably.

9. unicorn3

unicorn3 New IL'ite

same here dear she gets up every 1 1/2 to 2 hours, n very difficult to put her to sleep have to keep rocking her, its been long time since i had a good sleep. My daughters weight gain was good in frist three months she doubled her birth weight, but from 4th month her weight gain slowed down thats y i was worried.
    Other wise she is very active n healthy.
    Do you read books to ur dd?

10. shama146

shama146 Gold IL'ite

Books at this age ? What will she understand. No i don't. Yes i show her cartoons, songs on my mobile. She watches very attentively.