1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

why Babies shout sometimes

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Telja, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Telja

Telja Silver IL'ite

Hello All,

My son now 5 months old sometimes used to shout in mornings and evenings.. BUt not able to identify the cause of it.. Initially we thought due to stomach upset,sleepy, hungry etc factors but still not able to find the cause to shout ... shows a angry kind face and shouts a loud .. can any one had similar type situations where babies shouts at times ...

2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Could it be gas building up causing stomach pain?Does he shout or give a loud cry?

3. Telja

Telja Silver IL'ite

@Yellowmango...

Ya he shouts and then ends in crying ... even when we give milk wont take , tried to make sleep but dont sleep, checked the body for any insert bite but its not there still dont know ... stomach upsets could be na since we dont predetermine

4. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

It could be gas...check out remedies for gas.
    I can write what worked for my daughter.
    When she was uncomfortable...I used to mix heeng with water and rub on the tummy around her navel.That worked most times.You can check other remedies.

Have you introduced some new food to him? Some times it can be intolerance to some new food ...or not being able to digest it yet.

1 person likes this.
  5. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Also, hold him upright when he criesand pat his back

6. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

My daughter used to do that. During sun down specifically. I used to give her 1 ml gripe water much before sun down time and that helped. Check with your doctor before giving it though.

7. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi telja

Did your baby's condition improve yet?

Babies usually cry in the evening as they get tired. My baby still cries before sleeping at night and gives us hard time. Morning crying could be gas.

Other things I do for gas:
    - Use heeng ( just a wee bit) in water around navel. Make sure you do not have concentrated mixture. It can cause rashes.
    -Gripe water
    -drops of saunf/ajwain water ( boil water, small amount of saunf and very less ajwain)
    -bicycle leg movement and lying on tummy or tummy pressure.

Other reasons for crying could be:
    -Humidity and room temperature levels also. Check if you need humidifier? Babies can get overheated.
    -His feed? any solids? or Milk could cause gasiness? If on full solids, try eliminating food one by one to narrow down food that might cause issues.

Now I know this is going to sound little gross, but mothers have to do.
    -Is he peeing/pooping fine? Check for worms...know that i mean.

2 people like this.
  8. Telja

Telja Silver IL'ite

Thanks dear friends for all your suggestion... there was a colic problem at 2-3 months .. but now it reduced a lot .. usually gives colicarmin drops or woodwards gripe water.. sleeping postion mostly on stomach flat on bed .. means face on bed way.. that reduce the gas formation .. other day gave kerala banana fully ripe after steam cooked .. what other semi liquid foods can be given .. also is it oke for the 5 month old baby to sleep stomach flat in beds....

9. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Telja, it is usually recommended that babies be kept on their backs.