1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

travelling with infant

Discussion in 'Infants' started by sanjuruby3, Jan 12, 2015.

1. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

Not much use of strollers in india , but helps in airports .

we took emirates and there was layover in Dubai. They do not give back strollers when we land in Dubai ..we have to use airport strollers , I did not like those and they are fit for infants and I also did not want to use which are used by so many people.
    There was lot of walking between gates and it was pain to take all luggage with baby in hand. So less hand luggage is good.

2. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Is it safe & possible to travel alone with infant in train? I have long travel from in-laws and my place?

Either I fly through Delhi or direct train with reservation.
    Train will be good if not alone as there is place to lie down. But alone - going to restrooms with baby and luggage is impossible. I do not want my old parents to be bothered to travel all along to pick me.

O god.. I so not want to go to India because of all these problems, But there is so much pressure from my in-laws...

My Dh tells me lets wait till they ply direct flights...;-) but tells otherwise to his parents.. blames me, wife could not get leaves from off.
    (My ILs never liked me working, living in US )
    Perils of marrying far off to strange place and then moving to foreign land shakehead

3. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Did someone buy baby seats (or base)for flights? The ones that attaches to car seat.
    I think for that we need to buy 1 more seat/ticket for baby.
    Is it worth the price?