1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

11 month baby waking up in middle of day time nap every day

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Reesha, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Reesha

Reesha Silver IL'ite

hi,

my son running on 11month. his sleeping schedule is very well. but every day he will have a 1.5 to 2 hours nap time after his lunch & bath around 3PM. but every day he didn't sleep continuously. he will wakes up with squeezing of his eyes after 45 min/60 min & crying to top. if i provide my breast to him when he is moving, then again he fall back to sleep beside me by doing comfort suking. i am using cuddle to make him sleep. even i use cuddle it will not work when he wakes up like this. pacifier/ cuddle/ swing/ milk bottle or others(father) cant manage him to back into sleep again. i can only manage him by providing breast feed.

but it becomes habit to him. so suggest me how i can change his habit & make him sleep for full time with little crying time?

i didn't like make him cry more than 3 min from his birth:). that much comfort i provided. so...

2. Sivasakthigopi

Sivasakthigopi Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Your baby is not a new born one. First make him play well, he must spent lot of energy and become tired. That time, make him bath and provide milk.

He will sleep. But don't make any noise to interrupt him!
    In middle he wake up means dont make him sleep again.
    Fresh up him and make him to enjoy any play or toys.
    It will helps you lot!

Next time when he go to sleep he will sleep very well.

3. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Around the 45 minute mark a child is expected to surface from deep sleep; usually the child will fall back asleep. What I did with my DD was to sit next to her from around 35 min to about 55 min gently patting her back even before she woke up. In less than a week she started sleeping through the 1.5 hour nap time without this aid.

Whatever you do, do not let him comfort suckle. It creates lasting problems - tooth decay, refusal to eat solid food (since the child's calorific need is met by the milk they get during comfort suckling) and inability to sleep continuously (sleeping continuously is essential for optimal brain development) etc.

3 people like this.
  4. Reesha

Reesha Silver IL'ite

@guesshoo thank you. i will try this method.

5. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Reesha, I also followed guesswho's method. As she is waking up, I used to pat her hand slowly; that would help them to drift back to deep sleep without actually waking up. However, it lasted a while for. Like 1 month before she got the hang of it. But even then 2 hours was the maximum nap time for her; even at 1 year. After that, she wakes up and I let her. Should there be a need, you put her down for a quick power nap around 4 PM.