1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Strollers, Prams,Car seats!!!

Discussion in 'Infants' started by nikitaram, Jan 3, 2015.

1. nikitaram

nikitaram Silver IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    My LO is now 3 months old and I want to start taking him out with me for walks, to social events and to an occasional restaurant outing. I wanted your advice on the things I need to buy for this.
    Im currently terribly confused between pram and stroller and what wud be an appropriate buy.
    Also is a baby carrier needed in addition to a car seat?
    Any brand recommendations in India would be of great help.
    Looking forward to hearing from you all.

2. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi nikitram - Do not know about brands in india But want to add my views on baby carrier and its uses. We have everything and we are in US.

My baby used to cry and needed cuddle and carried around when 4 months so we bought baby carrier.

She loved to be carried that way in it but did not use for more than 15 mins as we thought it wont be good for posture.

Now we hardly use it for reasons:
    she is heavier, and do not need to be carried around in home a lot
    and we do not go out a lot, we take car-seat/stroller and carry her in arms if needed for small amount of time.
    Because of already lot of stuff, diaper bag, winter jackets, we do not take baby carrier.. though I have seen people doing.
    So to be short, it is lying there taking space in my already exploding house.

So its upto you, if you plan to go out a lot and carry baby in arms, not in stroller, it will be useful and your arms will be free.

3. nikitaram

nikitaram Silver IL'ite

Thanks for your advice sanjuruby. Btw, did your lo herself outgrow the "carry me around" phase or did you do something abt it.

4. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Baby wearing is definitely useful. It may not work well for extended periods of time though. Prams and strollers are the same.

Carriers and car seats are completely different.

5. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

She stills wants to be carried but situation has changed and improved. She now as ability to play with toys so she is busy mostly.

Also that time baby-carrying was new us so our backs were hurting. So we thought baby carrier would be good.

Also now she can sit up in one arm, more balanced and other hand becomes free, so easy to carry without carriers. and anyways I do not carry here more than 10mins.
    Put her back in stroller if outside.

One thing: We had tried and returned all the baby carriers here in US and the best was Baby Bjourn. It is expensive so look for coupons. My friend had bought Graco, she said its not very good and but she also did not use a lot.

It might be useful if you plan to go out a lot. Then keep in mind you can not keep baby in it for longer.

1 person likes this.