1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Baby teething

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Imsimple, Dec 25, 2014.

1. Imsimple

Imsimple New IL'ite

Hi all
    my baby is teething & its really painful at night.he cries in his sleep and wakes up and he don't want to drink milk.i apply teething gel but that is not working.i don't know what can I do now.

2. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Simple, when mine was teething I used teething drops by name Camilia teething drops. They are homeopathic and is available in most pharmacies in north America. It really helped. On exceptionally bad days, I gave her Advil.

now you can freeze a big chunk of carrot and offer it to her. When she tries to bite on it, it's supposed to soothe the gums. There are also specific teething toys available in Babies r Us. Try it.

3. Imsimple

Imsimple New IL'ite

Thanks Rakhii for your reply:thankyou2:

4. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Imsimple - My baby is also teething. We have rubbery-kind water-filled teethers for her. Brand is Bright Starts and they are from target. It has water in it so if it breaks, it won't harm baby. We are supposed to chill them in freezer and give her.
    We have other teether toys that she likes to chew chew.

Frozen carrots also is good I read somewhere. Only that you need to be watching so baby does not choke on a chunk. Also Peel and wash the carrot before freezing.

1 person likes this.
  5. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I use Hylands teething tablets. They worked well for DS. Teethers, frozen veggies/fruits did not work in my case.