1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Help needed!! Passport for 6 month old!!

Discussion in 'Infants' started by cutebarbie, Dec 15, 2014.

1. cutebarbie

cutebarbie Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    My DH got a better job offer and went abroad 2 months back.. I have to apply passport for my 6 month old DS.. My DH got my name endorsed in his passport from abudhabi office.. But i dont have his name endorsed in my passport.. Also now i dont have any address proof in my name, as we already lived abroad for 3 years during 2011-to-2013.. My passport and DH passport contains different addresses.. In this case how can i apply passport for my son..? what are the documents required?

Anybody please help out in this!!

2. Rise

Rise Platinum IL'ite

If either parent of a minor holds a valid passport with spouse name endorsed, passport will be issued to the minor without any police verification. Original passport of parent(s) should be presented for the verification of particulars. If parent(s) hold a valid passport, but spouse name is not endorsed, then they must get the spouse name added in their passport. For this, they have to apply for re-issue of passport and get the specified change done in personal particulars. Thus, it is necessary that spouse name should be endorsed on the parent's passport.

you can change address in your passport to the address where you stay now. do u have ration card or licence or adhar card where address is proof . .. if you have a vaild passport then the adress in that can be used as proof . No issue if your address and DH address is different.

To apply for baby passport you need husband letter from embassy [is hus is not there when you apply for baby passport] , birth certificate of kid , passport copy of father [if he is not there], original passport of mother

REad here
    http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/faqServicesAvailable

1 person likes this.
  3. cutebarbie

cutebarbie Silver IL'ite

@Rise,
    Thanks for the reply..
    I hold a valid passport issued in the year 2011. I am still residing in the same address which is mentioned in my passport.. My DS birth certificate also got the same address in it.. But the problem is, i dont have any address proof in my name for the same address.. Previously while applying passport for me, i submitted documents like postpaid mobile bills which was taken in my name.. But after i went abroad, the phone connection was discontinued..!!
    Now when i apply passport for my son by mentioning the same address, what documents are required as a address proof for the same..??

4. Rise

Rise Platinum IL'ite

for applying passport for DS, Your valid passport is enough as address proof , address is in the last page of your passport..., ... only issue is you need your husband name in your passport, for which i think u have to enter it, then apply for DS passport