1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

baby has itchy skin need help

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Imsimple, Dec 11, 2014.

1. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi OP

My baby had red rashes with tiny bumps on her face below eyes and neck at 5-6 months. First we had thought its sweater or dresses. I tried all kind of natural oils - coconut, baby oils etc at home.

It was mild eczema probably because of heaters cranking up..At 9 of night, I went out to find "aquaphor" .It was miracle creme. Next day red rashes were not even half and gone by eod... now it is essential part of my life.

If you have access, try Acquaphor and cetaphil. If not, try old fashioned vaseline.

2. Sowms

Sowms New IL'ite

Hi Sanjuruby

My 5 weeks old son is having dark red patches in his face, did u use aquaphor healing cream ? I got that yesterday and applied it twice, but couldn't see any changes... I am very much worried

3. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sowms,
    Did you once check with doc? Yes, I use 'Aquaphor' and never run out of it. Cetaphil is another great product. Before red rashes appearance at 4 months I think, I used to use all kinds of oils on her to moisturize and hardly used cremes.
    Just wait 1-2 days. In my case, it was visibly reduced in 2-3 applications. Also I switch between all cremes a lot.

4. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@sowms check with Paed for eczema. For some kids it does take a while to get controlled. I use Aquaphor Baby Dry Itchy Skin Cream. It is almost like Vaseline. Works great.