1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

how to wean swing to enter into sleep...

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Reesha, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Reesha

Reesha Silver IL'ite

hi,
    my DS is 10 months old now. we are using swing(indian traditional one with saree) for him from his born. but now he was unable to sleep himself in any other methods except swing. i am getting back pain due to this. i tried other methods like pacifier & my shoulder & in my hands so on...nothing works. rarely he will fall asleep during breast feeding. but it's not good habit for long time bases. i have to keep a saree with me when ever we goes out.

my DS still doing breast feed during his night sleep(even though he had full tummy before bed time). if he didn't get me beside him, he is waking up. i tried pacifier & honey nipple as per doctor advice. nothing works.

he is not yet bottle feed. so we are trying to feed milk in tumbler/spoon. so bottle also will not help me. :(

help me to solve these problems.

2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I had the same issue with my older DD. What I did was remove the cloth cradle and tough it out. It took a few days but she started sleeping beside me in bed. He will cry for the cradle since that's what he is used to. It's like us trying to sleep on the floor after sleeping on a mattress for so long. But he will get used to it. The trick is to not give up and put him back in the cradle. He may fuss but when he gets really sleepy he will sleep.

Regarding night weaning, both the honey nipple and paci are terrible ideas. Honey is bound to cause dental hygiene issues in the future. Both those habits will then be hard to break. From experience, I would say wait until you sleep train your baby before night weaning. I would suggest you night wean a couple of months later.
    The best way to night wean is to have someone else sleep with the baby. I put my older one with her dad. Little one was in his crib starting day 1, so when he fussed in the night, DH would go calm him down instead of me. My dd cried for a few nights before finally relenting. My DS didn't have much of an issue. I continued nursing both during the day until 28 months though, so they knew they will get it in the morning. Don't know if that helped.

1 person likes this.