1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

bath tubs ideas that won't break the back

Discussion in 'Infants' started by sanjuruby3, Dec 2, 2014.

1. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Me and DH have been bathing the baby together in kitchen sink with blooming bath sponge.
    Not very good on our backs specially mine for my height and weight, as tummy comes in between so I have to bend a lot.gigglingsmiley
    She being growing and thinking our back condition, I started look for bath tubs but most of them had butt-rest, head-rest kind on bottom floor of tub which i heard is not very safe as baby keeps slipping.

So bought flat bottom with sling.
    Since it was too high for kitchen top, we put it in normal big bath tub. Our bathroom is spacious but way bath tubs are made in US, it was extremely difficult kneeling down.
    One person in big tub on side, hitting walls, one person outside bathtub to hold her...no one had good control on baby.
    it was so unsafe,and so heavy on our backs that we did not bathe her well. Just soaked her and backs started hurting so bad, that took her out.

I had thought co-bathing but is so risky, so far sink bath is better and less back breaking for us.
    So I wanted to know the ideas you guys bath and what bath tubs you use.

2. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

1 person likes this.
  3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Ya, I also have a small step stool that I use to sit when bathing my child. Its better than sitting directly on the floor.
    Also, I used a small fisher price inflatable bathtub that goes in the adult tub. She loved it. After bathing, you can even let the water drain out into the tub. It worked perfectly well from 3 months to until she was 18 months.

4. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Ok ..So one thing I need is Step Stool. We have tried our bath rub just once and it was terrible experience.
    Our bath tub is flat bottom unlike others have butt - rest elevation for little older kids and has a sling.
    I had read reviews online about elevation making babies slip a lot so I bought flat bottom. But clearly It did not work.

ChitraVivek - Yea, My baby has outgrown kitchen sink that is why we moved to babies bath tub.