1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to keep hair off baby's eyes

Discussion in 'Infants' started by sanjuruby3, Dec 1, 2014.

1. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

My baby is 4 months old and her hair keeps coming into her eyes and then she starts rubbing her eyes with her both hands which makes her eye-lids fall , scratches, rashes etc.

I tried small velcro clips, that do not help in pulling back hair, just for fashion.

Then alligator metal clips, but they keep falling out from thin baby hair and not so safe.

Headbands - either not safe for baby's head, or leaving marks or do not stay put.
    Store bought headbands do not match her head, too small, so I tried home made
    nylon stocking headbands also.

Nothing worked. Just like coming hair back again and again, I have to keep head band in plan again and again.
    Any ideas??

2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Try braiding the front hair with cute ribbons and then tying them on the side into two pigtails.

Can you cut the front hair into a cute fringe?

3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

How about a hair cut?

If that is ruled out, small rubber hair bands also work well and they are soft too.

1 person likes this.
  4. Rakhii

Oh the pigtails! They are my favorite! My DD used to (still does) look so cute in them that its hard for me to resist kissing her everytime I see her, which was almost every minute during the first 14 months! lol

1 person likes this.
  5. pantu

pantu Gold IL'ite

Your baby is only 4 months old , try small rubber bands to tie her front hair .

6. sanjuruby3

I will try those small elastic rubber bands we had to tie polythene sacks But I think they would keep falling out and again risk of putting in mouth.

But that is safest and might work.
    My baby's does not have long and thick hair, front hair just long enough to come in eyes again and again.

7. Rakhii

Have you been to babies R us? they have excellent selection of soft hair bands which go around the head.

1 person likes this.
  8. sanjuruby3

Hi Rakhii - Yes I go to BabiesRUs for everything about babies. We have Buy Buy Baby also. My baby's head to too small for her age so most bands are big but those for newborns are tight.

9. coolwinds

coolwinds Platinum IL'ite

seems she has very soft, fine hair. have you tried applying a very light amount of pure coconut oil on the baby brush and then combing her hair to tuck it neatly to the side.

10. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I've used these for my daughter since she was 6 months old. They come in 2 sizes. I used the ones for fine baby hair. She had sparse and very fine hair, and the clips held really well. Not to mention they look adorable!