1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

feeling guilty

Discussion in 'Infants' started by painkiller, Oct 24, 2014.

1. painkiller

painkiller New IL'ite

I constantly urge to succeed.Constantly my mind revovles around finding ways to acheive my goals but all the same im not doing anything almost nothing even sometimes hate cooking. I take care of baby but feeling very guilty that im not giving her healthy diet always.im just giving her food that we eat and nothing special though some days i try to give sprouts. She is so fussy she never eats healthy ones just one year old.
    do you all give healthy food to baby everytime?
    :bowdown

2. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

Nobody - not even the most perfect parent on earth (if there even is such a thing) gives ONLY healthy food to the baby all the time. When we are pregnant we come up with these lofty ideas that we will only give the best, no fast food, no processed food etc. BUT once we have our babies, reality kicks in, and we realize that is not possible.

Don't feel guilty about what you are feeding your baby. She will probably never ever remember it and won't be harmed. Feed her when she is hungry, and shower her with love. Let her always know that she is loved beyond anything. This will itself be good for her, and YOU too.

3 people like this.
  3. painkiller

painkiller New IL'ite

4. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

I agree with DKI. I vowed to give only homemade foods for my little one. But the reality is, I feed him food from food pouches if I have tight schedule and don't have time to prepare anything.

We moms feel guilty on each and everything. Just do whatever you can. Don't stress yourself and never compare you with other moms, which I often do and feel guilty again. It's a vicious cycle you know.. kneesmiley

5. painkiller

painkiller New IL'ite

yeha thank u so much
    but its not that i speak about occastonal.
    its like recently ive noticed that im too much distracted that i just give her same sambhar whole threee times per day.morning i make it with idli i give the same with rice again night
    fruits she fusses a lot so i rarely try
    and now being 15 months old i trying to stop feeding but she doesnt
    i started take coffee in morning and tea evening but still feed her :coffee
    Witsend

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  6. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

At this stage she would be getting more from her solids compared to your BM. It is ok to eat normal food. If you start feeling guilty about everything then you will not be able to enjoy with her.

Past is past. You can start trying from now on.

1 person likes this.
  7. vilshari

vilshari New IL'ite

Hi Painkiller,

Dont be so guilty. It happens. Try to give her few healthy foods like banana, cornflex, apple, bread, etc. These are quite easy and normal that we too take them. You dont need to strain to feed the healthy food. Idly and sambar are good for health. Sambar has the power of Dhal and idly is idle for BF. So, nothing to worry.

8. painkiller

painkiller New IL'ite

thanks a lot vishari,
    my mind is fully occupied in career earning but im a homemaker only....i cant be without my baby even few seconds but i keep sitting in internet and just give her three times food that i eat....hardly make fruits and juices...ok i wil follow your adivce thanks a lot

1 person likes this.
  9. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

Relax. Avoid mostly the bad stuff (sugar, salty foods, bisquits) and let the kid eat what hw/she wants.

10. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Painkiller, I am yet to come across a mom who didnt feel guilty for at least one thing in her life. Relax. Since a few months, I make a meal plan for everyone in our family...i.e my DH and I and my little one.

Planning a meal a week in advance and shopping accordingly not only helped me save time on weekdays, it also helped me to include all the food groups (dairy, fruit, veggies, meat) every day (at least 6 days in a week, she gets good healthy food because of pre-planning). See if planning a week in advance will help you.

1 person likes this.