1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Clothes for infant in December in Chennai

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Saumya123, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Saumya123

Saumya123 New IL'ite

Hi,

I need help in buying clothes for my newborn baby. My edd is late November and I live in Chennai. I am not sure how I should dress my newly born in the month of December and January in Chennai weather.
    I originally belong to North and there winter babies are dressed in woolens, covered with blanket etc. My mind keeps telling me to dress the baby in similar clothes but having spent some 3 winters in Chennai, I know that the weather is just mildly pleasant. But that is how I as an adult feel, how about an infant? Infants' thermal regulation isn't as developed as adults.
    Could someone from her own experience of having a winter baby in Chennai help me in making clothing choices?
    I have so far purchased full sleeve vests and sleeveless vests which I am planning to make the baby wear beneath the f.s. vest. Will I need sweaters? Blankets, what kind? I have purchased a fleece blanket but fear that the baby may feel hot. What do you wrap around your baby? Flannel sheets for cots, will these be too warm?

Thank you for your time and suggestions.

2. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Saumya, usually for infant one extra layer than what we wear should be comfortable. Here, I dressed her in onezies and covered her with a cotton swaddling blanket.

3. Saumya123

Saumya123 New IL'ite

Hi Rakhii,

Thanks for your thoughts.
    One more query.. will I need woolen sweaters for him/her?

4. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

yes saumya, get a couple of them If you are taking him/her outside, you may need them. But inside the home, you maynot need them.

5. Himanshi009

Himanshi009 Guest

natural dyed organic baby clothes are the best-suited option for infants and older babies. My mami had purchased this jhabhala online for her baby, she was really impressed with fabric, I think the brand is Earth Baby, I will provide a link below so that you can take a better look at its specification.
    Buy earth baby natural dyed jhablas (pack of 6pcs) color: pink, w