1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

food for 80 days old baby

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Telja, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Telja

Telja Silver IL'ite

My son now 80 days old and currently I am giving him cow's milk as I am having shortage of breast milk I am having lactare tablet and still the quantity is less.My question is can I gave non liquid food like raw banana powder with milk along with the normal cow's milk.Before I tried lactogen but due tto colic problem the baby cries a lot so only changed to Cow's milk and that helped a lot.now the colic problem is much reduced .. Kindly share you views regarding the food habbits for 80 days baby due to lesser milk

1 person likes this.

2. Telja

Telja Silver IL'ite

Any suggestion plz

3. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

HI, Good to hear that you starts with Lactare capsules you will get good result

till that you can continue with Cow's milk with more water content. don't try solid foods now

this is sufficient for the small baby you can increase the frequency of breast feeding.

be cool and relax the baby will grow healthy.

1 person likes this.
  4. shrivni

shrivni Silver IL'ite

Dear. . .

Until 8 months, don't try for any solid food for your baby.

Till 6 months, give only milk. breast milk is the best. Else give lactogen or cows milk.

You can also give very dilute, sweet lime with hot water and some other fruit juices. But don't give any solid food.

Hope this helps.

Luv
    Shrivni

1 person likes this.
  5. resmij

resmij Silver IL'ite

hii,

breast milk is best for baby.

since shortage of it, give cows milk, but dilute it and give.

baby is small for solid food. breast feed often, this will produce more milk.

and please check this link, may be it will give you more information

How Breast-Feeding Women Can Stimulate Milk Production | LIVESTRONG.COM

Don't worry, take care- eat nutritious food, keep yourself hydrated/ u are feeding, so drink plenty of water/ milk, . it will help you.

take care.
    resmij

2 people like this.
  6. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Hallo Telja,

how do you know your breastmilk is not enough? I just try to figure out how you found out you have shortage. Do you weight your baby before and after your feed him? I did so when i was in confusion about amount, the weight difference is the amount your baby is drinking. But make sure its precise scale.
    As per my knowledge it is generally not advicable to give cows milk in the first year. Cows milk is made for the needs of a lil cow not a lil human. the powders you can buy in shop are much better as they are specially made for the needs of a human baby. Maybe you can try to check in shop to find one which is helping for gastric problem or colic baby.
    As for the feeding and increasing supply issue. The more often you put your baby to breast to let him latch the more milk you will produce. Depending on in which country you are you might try to contact a lactation consultant in your area. It really helps.

Is your baby first suckling and then stops or is the latching in the beginning the problem?
    The elder a baby gets the shorter the time it drinks will be but that doesnt mean it drinks less but that its becoming more expert in drinking.
    Did you try to let him latch on everytime before you give him a bottle? Maybe your baby is a lazy one :)
    You can check on your let-down-reflex, for some women its a fast one then it might be that he chockes a bit (mine does so too by times, dont worry) or if its harder then he might get irritatet that he needs to suck more before milk is coming. Check on that and if its part of your babies irritation try to solve but dont worry.
    Drink enough and eat well thats good for milk supply but dont worry about milk amount as this will be counterproductive, beliefe that you have enough milk and your body is perfect to nurish your child.
    If its available you can try to stimulate your breasts with a pump and feed your baby your own milk too. this stimulation helps. Try to stimulate via pump or baby as much as possible.

Please dont give your baby non liquid food, its digestive system is so sensitive it will be overstrained with that.

5 people like this.
  7. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

one more thing, if you pump down the milk it will be less amount then if your baby will suckle it out! Please keep that in mind - the amount of pumped milk is NOT what your baby will actually drink if he is suckling! Its less.

Just to let you know if you guessed from that or will in future dont get nervous its different amount not too much but bit different as baby stimulates differently.

1 person likes this.
  8. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Yes, no solids till 6 months. Not even farex etch, or juice, it is acidic in nature. Only milk. As per doctors.

also yees, no cow milk till baby completes one year. As per doctors .
    if breast milk is not enough please give formula milk, lactogen if not suited try another brand.

I gave similac1 which didn't cause constipation for my son, others were little constipated. If two times u give ur milk, give next time bottle with formula milk.

Please ask doctor about the colic problem.

1 person likes this.
  9. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

You should feed your baby Bm as much as possible then top it off with Formula.
    Here in US - we have Similac and Enfamil. Both are good and depends on babies. I give similac from 3rd day of birth as my baby never latched.
    Slowly progress towards increasing BM and decreasing Formula.

In US, cow's milk is not recommended by doctors. Though in India we all give to our kids and me and my siblings were also brought up on cow's milk.
    Real milk is difficult to find here and lot of work But I am thinking of starting it
    soon.

For solids, there is not fixed age but usually its 4-6 months. When your baby is able to sit upright, with/without support.
    In 4th month, You can start other liquid foods though - like daal panni, sooji pani, mashed potatoes
    Talk to ped before doing anything.

1 person likes this.
  10. Telja

Telja Silver IL'ite

Thanks guys for all ur valuable comments .. the problem with me was i had miscarriage before and then had many hormone injection due to which now the BM reduced a lot.. then tried Lactogen and NAN but duing that time baby gets lots of colic problem .. so I started with COWs milk.. near by relatives also many tried like this and kids are grown using cows milk ... when baby cries either due to colic or lack of BM then our hearts feels sad so only goes to other ways to make baby calm... me stil used to take lactare granules for milk production but its very less ....

1 person likes this.