1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How do infants handle jet lag?

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Minkis, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Minkis

Minkis Junior IL'ite

Hi, I am travelling with my 10 month old to India...do infants handle jet-lag like adults (3-4days) or does it take longer? Any tips of handling this in the right way?

My baby breastfeeds 1-2 times during the day and 1-2 times at night and then its solids most of the time.

thanks,
    Minki

2. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Not sure.. would like to hear from someone else.
    I think they should be easier at this age than later and they shouldnt be affected by time difference.
    Check for travel vaccinations ( It has to administer 1-2 months before travel)
    Taxing/Landing time - Try feeding him to take away attention from ear drums vibrating.
    I am planning air travel to India at 9 months and not very enthusiastic about it. Seen babies crying for whole duration.

3. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

At that age, night and day has no difference to the babies :). For them life revolves around sleeping, waking, feeding. What you need to be prepared for is waking up at odd hours because your baby wants to play.

But it usually takes about a week for them to start sleeping when we want them to, and being awake when the rest of the household is awake.

4. Lavanya30

Lavanya30 Silver IL'ite

As mentioned by DKI they do wake up and feed at odd hours for 1-2weeks. It takes them that time to settle in their routine. It happens when you go back after your vacation too. If you are planning a India trip it's better to have a long vacation, as it takes some time for the lo's to settle. I felt travelling with an Infant was much easier then travelling with a toddler :) :) :)