1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Baby is not gaining weight

Discussion in 'Infants' started by cutiepie66, Oct 4, 2014.

1. cutiepie66

cutiepie66 Gold IL'ite

87 days old baby. two week back she weighed 5 kg. Now she weighs only 5.2 kg. In this initial 2 months, she gained well. Her birth weight was 3 kg. Is this normal?

2. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Yes it's normal. Don't worry. As she has gained weight well during the initial days, she is doing fine. As such, as the kids grow older, the pace at which they put on weight slows down. Is she feeding ok? How many wet diapers are you getting in a day?

1 person likes this.
  3. cutiepie66

cutiepie66 Gold IL'ite

I am not sure about the feeding. I feed her every two hours once and during night its only once. Sometimes she sleeps at 10 with a final feed for the day and wakes up at 5. She latches on only for 3 to 7 minutes. I get around 10 (approx. may be even more) diapers per day. She poops on alternate days or once a day or once in two days. Today is her 89th day. Her activities are fine I guess. She has started rolling over on her tummy, plays well. Just worried about the weight part and the amount of milk she gets.

4. Subhashree4u

Subhashree4u Senior IL'ite

Hi.... There is nothing to worry mam. It's quite normal. One thing to follow is wake UR baby in night and feed. Even if she is asleep, wake her and keep her mouth in position to drink milk. She will drink, only feeding continuously will make ur kid gain weight and be healthy.this is my experience.try it

1 person likes this.
  5. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

Yes it is normal.as moms we worry a lot specially if it first baby as everything is new, I have been there and done that :). The baby should get minimum six wet diaper, it shows that baby is getting sufficient and is not dehydrated.the birth weight should double by fifth month or earlier .if the baby is active and not fussy you dont need to worry.

1 person likes this.