1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Colic problem for 65 days old baby

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Telja, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Telja

Telja Silver IL'ite

Hello friends,

My son nw is 65 days old ..During initial days I used to breast feed him .. but after 24 days my milk got reduced and baby started reducing weight... then we started lactogen one. But past 7 days he cries a alot sometimes after having lactogen.We got too much worried as we cant manage to control him crying.We showed doc and doc prescribed colcade syrub to give three times a day with 6-8 drops.. but even then could see him crying.. the crying is very severe and last to 2 mins non stop.. this is wat I cant see my baby crying and helpless... did any of u pppl faced this situation... what could be done to reduce my baby crying .. sometimes 3-4 times cries daily ... what is the remedy for this...
    I am having lactare granules daily to increase my milk ... even then my baby dont have from me as he used to have from bottle.. plz help ....

1 person likes this.

2. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

Hi, Telja

Sorry to hear the situation, this is happening due to lack of milk you have to find the way to get more secretion of milk. Let me list few options

1. Garlic will increase milk secretion add more Garlic in your regular food and have ti completely

2. There are few fishes will also increase the secretion , Vatta, Kuluvel, Oyupara, maduthala, Sraavu, Choraku ( in malayalam ) take more fishes this will help you a lot.

3. Ayurvedic capsule " LACTCARE" from TTK Healthcare buy this capsule and have 2 -3 capsule three times a day start this immediately this will help you a lot.

3. Telja

Telja Silver IL'ite

Thanks Sumanrathi.. however u have mentioned to increase the breast milk and it will take time to do so .. but is there any alternative for baby as baby keeps crying 3-4 times a day due to colic disturbance .. is there any remedy for it as feels very sad baby crying non stop

1 person likes this.
  4. Telja

Telja Silver IL'ite

Any more suggestions plz ... around 60 views for this post but not much comments .. I am sure many ppl might have faced this issue before still no replies ....

Should I need to change the Lactogen to Nan one

5. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

This is basically because of food stop the TIN food and give Cow's milk dilute with more water initially for few days.

The capsule and having more Garlic will give immediate result
    try you will realize.

6. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Telja Ask your paed your doubt's about changing formula. If you feel all this started after introducing Lactogen you can try changing the formula.

7. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Colic is common problem in babies and there are times where they cry non-stop and we get impatient.
    I have 2.5 months old and we give her gripe water drops everyday. Also we rub 'heeng'/asafoetida on her tummy area around navel in the evening which is supposed to help in gas.
    She used to be very gassy and cry non-stop when small. Now also she is gassy but improved.
    There are lot of colic drops and gripe water varieties in market. Some might work for you.
    Old aunties had suggested fennel + ajwain boiled water drops to me. I tried once considering the fact gripe water has same ingredients.
    no miracles...
    Also trying switching formula meanwhile working on milk supply. Its important for baby not to loose health.

Fenugreek seeds also help.
    Oats.. milk and stay hydrated.

8. shareon

shareon Senior IL'ite

Hi Telja,
    One of the main reasons for colic is gas.You must ensure that the baby burps after every feed. Although most of the colic issues will fade after 5-6 months, seeing a crying baby makes our heart break and helpless. Make sure you pat the baby after every feed so that the air is released. Rub his tummy with oil and make cycling motions with his legs to release the gas. Hold the baby to your tummy when he cries in a across position.(His tummy against yours) That will also give some relief. (At least I used to think so. Thats how my mum used to hold him and pacify him) I also used to give him colic aid if he cried incessantly.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  9. Lavanya30

Lavanya30 Silver IL'ite

Hi

I had posted this before, let me post it again

My little fellow was colic baby, from week 5 till he was almost 5 months. Please donot worry, the fussy crying is harmless for your baby. There are misconceptions about what causes colic, It is not the result of excessive gas. I did not give any medicines to my baby as my doc did not prescribe any, although there are many medicines in the market.

This is what I did :

Hold and soothe the baby whenever he cries.
    Swaddle your baby in a blanket and cuddle him/her.
    If possible take the baby out(in a car or in a baby bag , Me and My husband have taken him out on a drive many times even at 2.00am)
    white noise really helps.( i bought a CD and would play it when ever he cries)

Most of all get rest and help for yourself. The child's screaming can drive mother's to desperation, so please stay calm. If possible ask your husband or mom to hold the baby and you go out for a small walk. I know how it can be, as I have undergone this, it will go away do not worry. Colic tend to occur in babies with a sensitive [COLOR=#009900 !important]temperament[/COLOR]. These traits will be an asset someday[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  10. Telja

Telja Silver IL'ite

Thanks a lot sanjuruby3,shareon , Lavanya and Sumanrathi for the valuable comments ..... gives some relief

1 person likes this.