1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Colic problem for 65 days old baby

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Telja, Sep 30, 2014.

1. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

I second shareon..

Slight pressure on tummy - with rubbing in circular, or tummy on tummy helps gas.
    And moving baby's legs in bicycle position or just folding legs .. Also holding baby in upright position for sometime..with folded legs like baby is sitting in chair.
    Also since you ar eBFing, check your diet also.

I was BFing, actually expressing, and eating everything & outside a lot...giving in to cravings and other household issues.
    Mom always scolded whenever she was gassy or smelly poop or cried a lot.

2. diyasdale

diyasdale New IL'ite

I am having a colic 2 month old. He is like this since week 3. He is on formula from the beginning with very ibfrequent breast feeds. He cries mainly because of gas. Here are some tips that helped me and still helping

If u r breastfeeding check your diet.

My baby calms down instantly when he hears the sound of tap water gushing or vaccum cleaner or a car ride. Nowadays vaccum cleaner is like God to me soothing my crying baby. Kitchen tap sound also works.

Holding him upright in arms calms him

Gripe water...he likes the taste...he will drink gripe water calmly..and gets irritated again after it is over..he wants more...I dilute gripe water in warm water and feed him

I give him om water (home made very diluted ajjwain water ) ...ootified to him in paladai...otherwise babies will not drink it..this helps in digestion and gas release.

I also give him vasambu. Not sure if it helps in any way.

My baby even cries non stop without taking breath in between. I used to blow on his face gently so that he takes breath in between.

My baby cried continuously every evening...initially I used to get very scared...asked my paed and he asked me to do a lot of tummy time for him and suggested gas drops...But it didnt not help him that much...

I tried so many things and came to a conclusion that only time is the healer and I had no choice but to wait wait till my baby outgrows it. Till then i can only try soothing him with some of the white noise tips and position tips above.Hang in the re...u r not alone..

2 people like this.
  3. Gae3

Gae3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi teljau

i know how u feel.
    it's very disheartening to watch our baby cry n we cant help him/her.
    my son was colic at week 5...i also started a thread for support group.
    it was just me Nd dh handling baby we went crazy.

firstof all its just a phase it will pass.
    till your in that phase you will feel very tough and helpless, but it will go away trust me.
    be strong dear.

now coming to what i followed.
    the hing around. Baby helped him to pass gas and aftr few weeks that also stopped working.

the white noise helped us a lot on day 1 he finally slept for hair drier noise at 4 am.
    his session werye from 1 am to 4 am.

also do the i love you massage.google it, youl get it.
    it helped him a lot, i felt he was gassy and hence aimed at gas relieving methods.
    like giving bonnisan 2 times a day.massage at afternoons followed by bath.

sometimes. Warm tiwel at tummy might also make them comfy.

i checked my diet i realised tur dal and garclic were the culprits.even now if i have sambar more my son cries.

doc had given me zincovit multivitamin drops, i used to give him tht when his cryings were more! The taste gave him. Diversion as he liked it.

and as others said burp him , give him tummy time.
    and just count till 3 months, 80% of parents have reported that colic subsides by then.

and remember if you cry or break baby can sense it.so baby needs your help.
    so be strong and comfort the baby saying your there for the baby.

initial week i noticed baby cried for all 4 hours.slowly cried on and off...
    then at each hour for 10- 15mins.
    so then T tht hour i would feed him try to put him to sleep a bit before?

do let me know if you also find Ny change in the time and duration.

my hugs to you....hang in dr gal..

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  4. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

The baby can also ingest air if you are not holding the bottle correctly or with some type of bottles/nipples. Be sure they don't suck in air when nursing on the bottle. You might try changing bottle/nipple if you think this is adding to the problem.

Western method of burping is to put a towel on the shoulder and rest the baby upright on the shoulder whilst gently patting the baby's back until they either burp up air or air and formula (towel is protection for the parent). Also thinking here is that the mother should not eat spices during breast feeding period of time as it will give the baby indigestion.

5. Telja

Telja Silver IL'ite

Hello Friends,

Tried and followed some of ur views and comments .. but it didnt reduce a lot ..finally with some old nannys comment started giving diluted milk (Cow's Milk) .. the milk is bolied too much and added 2-4 times water and boiled .. this reduced the gas formation.. also we put the baby lie on stomach .. that also helps to reduce gas formation and also gas goes out from stomach .. also extra care should be taken as baby should lie with face sideways and should always watch the position.. this way also helped a lot .. now baby is not crying too much .. in the mean time I am also taking medicine for my mlik production..

is any body tried cow's milk to the baby 70 days old ??