1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dark green stool in 3 month old baby

Discussion in 'Infants' started by cutebarbie, Sep 27, 2014.

1. cutebarbie

cutebarbie Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    My DS is passing dark green stools for the last 1.5 months.. As per pead advice,We gave him enterogermina, econorm.. but it didnt clear up.. The culture test showed no bacterial isolation.. The stool analysis showed pus cells 2-3 hpf and rbc 1-2 hpf..
    His stools are always dark green..
    I had c section and bm supply is very little.. I also take lactare and satavarex..but still supply is less..
    After birth..we gave nestle pre nan to DS till 1.5 months..Later changed to nan pro1.. 10 days later his stools changed colour from yellow to green.. and now its dark green.. last 1 week..changed the formula and giving lactogen1.. but still no change in stool colour..
    Iam sterilizing bottles and nipples by boiling in hot water.. also changing nipples every 3 days..
    Really worried about this stool colour..
    Please help me with your answers.. I am very much stressed out because of this..

2. Reesha

Reesha Silver IL'ite

3. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Usually when there is more intake of iron then stool color turns green/black. If infections have been ruled out and there is no frothiness in poop then check for iron content in the formula.

If it is iron fortified formula then chances are color change is because of that. Compare the iron content between pre nan and nan pro1.

Stress also affects breast milk supply. Engage in something relaxing to help calm yourself.

4. Telja

Telja Silver IL'ite

Can any one help in this ..............

1 person likes this.
  5. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

6. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

It will be like that no need to worry. Until one year try to avoid allopathic medicine and don't discontinue Brest feeding for one year. after 5th month start giving natural veg food stuffs, your baby will be healthy with good immune.

try to avoid bottle feeding nipple even you sterilize you can't kill the bacteria use stainless steel spoon feeding for feeding.

boil normal raw rice little amount and make it as juice very much diluted (not like thick paste) and feed just 5 ml - 10 ml that is more than enough. Breast milk will contain all sufficient calories for baby.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014