1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

formula?

Discussion in 'Infants' started by EagerForInfo, Sep 15, 2014.

1. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Hello

My baby is old now like 3 years but she is now facing lots of health roblems i just feel guilty about how I took care of her when she was a baby. we had used lots of formula since birth even though she latched fine every time we went out or during night. I don't know where my hubby found out but somebody told him that baby will slee well at night so for whole night like 4-5 times I would wake up to feed her formula

Did anyone else formula feed their babies since birth even though their intention was to breastfeed.

My mind was never intended to formula feed but when we went out I was embarrassed and later my mom left to India when my darling baby was 3 weeks old so I was scared if I couild handle it all and i started pumping assuming it was easier and instead I couldnt pump enough and ended up supplementing with formula again.

anyone elses kids having issues after formula feeding.

2. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Op,First of all did you ask your pediatrician here.Dont get despaired.Get ur baby checked up by the pediatrician.No feeding formula is not bad. Only be consistent with one formula recommended by doctor. If you hadn't noticed any reaction to the formula like rashes or loose motion that means your baby was able to digest it.

Never go by he said /I said always consult the doctor.I have lots of friends who are exclusively formula fed.They are fine.Just get your daughter checked up from a doctor. CHances are she is fighting change of season or food allergies. It can be as simple as that. Good Luck. Do post after consulting.

3. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Instead of going on a guilt trip believe that you took a decision that was right at that moment of time. You can talk to her paed about tips on improving immunity.

1 person likes this.
  4. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

Ramya. I haven't thought of any tips on improving immunity with my doctor.

Op op my son is also mostly formula fed. I somehow felt he needs more milk after bf and gave him bottle everytime after bfing.

I regret it. I feel I'm not a good mom. Don't know how to overcome this.

5. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

EagerforInfo,

What exactly is the health issue that your child goes thru now at 3 years of age? and how do you conclude it is because of formula? :oops:

6. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Repeated ear infections , staph infections , adenoid infections. And now dental problems. Dentist said she has 10 cavities. I guess she wasn't eating cause of ear pain and we kept giving her pediasure in her sleep cause she wasn't gaining enough weight.

I will ask my doctor about improving immunity.

7. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

She had eczema due to formula. Doctor told her to give her hypoallergenic formula. But later we still continued with similac. (We didn't find the formula he told us and we forgot when her eczema started to improve when she was 4 months old). Later now when I think about all the things we did I remember he told us to use the hypoallergenic formula .

8. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@EagerForInfo I think you are going too much on a guilt trip. I exclusively BFed my DD until she was 6 months and then continued to BF her until she was 22 months old. She did have eczema and food allergies.

Hypoallergenic formula would have helped in reducing eczema not completely eliminate it.

My DD has 2 cavities. I brush her teeth twice a day and we go to the dentist every 6 months. Dentist said it is because of her soy milk. But yes if drinking milk while sleeping after a certain age would definitely cause cavities.