1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Two children under 2 years of age

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Minkis, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Minkis

Minkis Junior IL'ite

Forgot to mention our side of the story of just having one:

For us, the main reason is my health. During my first pregnancy I got severe nausea, could not do anything for the first 6 months and my husband and I had to manage alone. Even after my daughter was born, for the first year my hormones were all over the place, I would be tired, irritated, angry and a changed person.

Today I feel normal and back to my self finally!!!. My daughter is 18 months old and I recently got pregnant again. We decided not to keep it and are still sure of just having one child. The symptoms came back, nausea, tiredness and the anger was the worst. I felt sorry for my daughter, these symptoms re-affirmed our choice of not going through another pregnancy.

My body just cannot handle it emotionally and psychologically. Physically I am fit and healthy, but mentally I am not that strong.

The second reason was no help from others, its the two of us and my daughter. We dont have extended family here and friends can only do so much, they are not around 24 hrs. So child care and support were another reason for just having one.

Also my husband only wants one child too, so it works out in that way, I dont feel guilty that because of my health, I am depriving him of other kids.

Financially we are fine and could definitely afford another one, but for health and lack of child care we decided with just one. I am a stay at home mom and also manage a plant business from home. I just got things up and running with the business, the website, the inventory and am excited to start things up again after our first baby...so that was another reason for us too...to just have one.

Hope this helps,
    Minkis

1 person likes this.