1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Good Diaper / Nappy and wipes brand in India

Discussion in 'Infants' started by cooks2010, Sep 3, 2014.

1. cooks2010

cooks2010 Silver IL'ite

Hi, can anyone recommend a good brand of diapers / nappies that I can buy from India? Also which wipes are good, is the Pigeon brand good?

Is the Cerelac baby food (stage 4) any good, do you just mix the pouch with hot water?

thanks,
    Cooks

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014

2. aarna123

aarna123 Bronze IL'ite

Cookes2010 usually Indian people use baby dypers like Huggies,pamper and wipes of g&g baby .Yes for cerelec just mix in Luke water either you can see at pouch.

3. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

Cooks: When I took my DD for india trip around her first birthday I took a lot of pampers diapers and when I was out I bought pampers in India. We do get the same brands there too. I used wipes of pampers too. J & J has some scents and I was not comfortable.

regarding cerelac: Do you want to try on you kid because you're going to India? You do get gerber cereals in India too. I would personally suggest to stay away from Cerelac as it has loads of sugar. I am not sure why they make it too sugary. I know my Sis being in India completely stayed away from cerelac for both her sons. That's what her pediatrician recommended too.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  4. cooks2010

cooks2010 Silver IL'ite

I was long for baby food that I can buy in India. I found cerelac but I don't think I will get it, I don't like the idea of just mixing water. I will take some baby food jars/ pouches from here.

My mom thinks home made food won't suit the baby in India...so she asked me to bring baby food from here. I can't give her baby food every day, it will turn out to be too expensive and my baby is used to eating homemade meals. I only give baby food if we go for a long trip.

Anyway I will take some food jars just for emergency.

Cooks

5. cooks2010

cooks2010 Silver IL'ite

Thanks for the diaper recommendations, do we get pampers swaddlers there??, I checked on amazon India and they were 3 times the price here.

Cooks

6. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

Cooks: I went for 5 weeks last time with DD and I took tons of diaper just in case and ended up buying just once in India. Basically our check in baggage was mostly diapers and baby products. I gave my DD home cooked food in India and infact we did tourism for a week and I have hotel kichadi to her. All went good. In youre scare you can cook with bottled water in India. I used normal water and nothing went wrong.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  7. cooks2010

cooks2010 Silver IL'ite

thanks Chitra, if I have to then I will give her hotel food and will be cooking in filtered water. For bathing I think I will use the normal water.

Cooks