1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

May 2014 Mommies

Discussion in 'Infants' started by crazymom, Aug 26, 2014.

1. crazymom

crazymom Gold IL'ite

I don't think we moms are checking due date club anymore so I am creating another thread over here. We can share our LO's development milestones here. We can also share our questions/concerns. I would love to hear from all other moms out there.

My LO was born on May 6 and he is not interested in lying down anymore. He loves seating in our lap. He rolled over from back to tummy this weekend and is doing it every time we put him on the floor. He also reaches for small toys and can grasp the items from our hand. It is so much fun to see hi grow with his older brother. I would hold him facing his head forward and chase his big brother. He loves running after his brother and starts laughing every time. These little milestones are the big steps towards his independence.

I hope you ladies are doing fine.

Hello Gae, Zoya, Aarthizone, Aartiangels, Radical, tinygirl, prettypirt, Crazyqueen ( Mommies I know from May 2014 due date club :)

1 person likes this.

2. padmaja909

padmaja909 Platinum IL'ite

hi crazy mom
    :) i loved reading about your LO. he must be 4months old by now. Already good bonding has started between brothers. so nice.hugsmileyhugs to both kids

2 people like this.
  3. crazymom

crazymom Gold IL'ite

Thanks Padmaja. Yes he is now 4 months old and I started feeding him rice cereal. My older one is picky eater and I waited until he turned 6 months to start him on solid food. Pediatrician recommended to give my little one cereal and start yellow vegetables at 5 months and introduce green veggies.

1 person likes this.
  4. Radical

Radical Silver IL'ite

Hello CM,

So nice to read your post here. My LO does the same things. He is not putting on weight thats my biggest worry. I have started with raagi and will be giving him vegetable and fruits from tomorrow. I hope he accepts or else I will start with cereal.

May mommies how are you all doing.

Thanks CM for starting this thread

Radical

Radical

5. crazymom

crazymom Gold IL'ite

Hi Radical, how are you doing dear? It is good to hear from you. Did you move to UK with your husband? Hope your health is getting better now. Take care.

6. Radical

Radical Silver IL'ite

Hey CM,

I am good. LO is growing up, super cute and naughty. My health is good, still get back pain and I have put on too much weight apart from that everything is good.

I have started with ragi seri, Wheat Cereal, Carrot puree and planing to start one fruit. This is as per dr advice as my son is average weight.

I havent yet set any schedule dear rather I am not able to.

How are you both? What is the food plan for your LO? please share

Radical

1 person likes this.
  7. crazymom

crazymom Gold IL'ite

I am giving him rice/oatmeal cereal. I also gave him boiled tuar dal with little bit of mashed rice and he loved it more than his cereal. I am planning to give him yellow vegetables this weekend followed by green vegetables the next weekend.

It is good to know that you both are doing good. Are you adding any spices in carrot puree? Don't worry about the weight as once your LO starts running, you will lose all your weight :)

8. Radical

Radical Silver IL'ite

Thanks for sharing CM. I am not adding any spices in carrot, just giving plain puree. I am mixing this in wheat cereal. He loves it. Now that he loves cereal he is not taking formula. I am not sure if this is okay.

I will be starting tuar dal water from next month.

One question. How come you have started giving rice and vegetables now itself?
    I taught it should be given only after 6 months. please let me know.

Radical

9. Gae3

Gae3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi...crazymom..

so so happy to see this thread.
    finally my sons colic had ended uffff.

still having mil issues.biggest mistake of asking them to come over.

and so happy to say my son is doing all that you said.
    he rolled when he just completed 3 months.now he has lost interest to roll, instead just moves his head in whichever direction he wants and rolls only his lower part of the body.
    i am waiting excitedly for him to learn to roll back.

if we give him support he puahes himself and goes further, but when he cant do tht he cries.
    when he cant put a toy in his mouth he cries.its funny to see all these crazymom...

ia. Still struggling with night sleeps.
    he still hasnt learnt to sleep well.
    i have started a routine.crossing my fingers, hopefully he will settle soon.

thanks again for starting this thread.

1 person likes this.
  10. Radical

Radical Silver IL'ite

Hello May mommies,

How are you all? I am soooo happy that today my son completed 5 months and we did small function i.e., anna prasnam or feeding rice for the first time and also we cut his tiny teany hair and offered to god. He was looking chooo cute with in dress, I had put little gold finger for few minutes..hehe

Hello gae3 and CM, how are you both?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
    2 people like this.