1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

5 1/2 months old baby fell down from couch with her head back

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Dharmadha, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Dharmadha

Dharmadha New IL'ite

Dear moms,

today my girl fell down from sofa with her head back. it was all in a fraction of second while i just moved away to take a bag near by:( me and husband felt very bad that we left her alone and feel guilty for our act ... (first baby)

she cried a lot immediately after her fall and once i consoled her and fed she was ok and slept off for some time. she woke up in few mins and still not out of fear may be ... am looking out for any injuries or swelling but i cud not locate any but am MOSTLY WORRIED FOR ANY HEAD INJURY INTERNALLY ... i cud not identify if there is any swelling or not in her head .... i got panic and cried a lot ... while typing this my eyes is wet ... :( is this normal for a baby and will she be fine ??

please help to advise me for anything that i shud worry abt or take action immediately ...being first time mom and am so blank after the incident....

2. flyhigh

flyhigh Bronze IL'ite

Dear OP,

Is she cranky even now? did u spot any bleeding, or did she vomit after the fall?? if shes normal then there's nothing to worry/panic..these were some of the QS that my DD's Paedc asked me wen my DD fell down on the floor... but in case u wanna be doubly sure, call ur DD's Dr and take his/her advise..

3. Nakshatraa

Nakshatraa Silver IL'ite

Hi dear
    Don't panic. Your lo should be ok.
    I see that u r in SG.
    Take her to a nearby general physician and tell him whatever happened. Monitor her feed for next 2 days.

4. Dharmadha

Dharmadha New IL'ite

Hi nakshatra,

thanks for your soonest reply ... she is ok now but am more scared and worried .. she suddenly thinks of something and cries .... can i just massage her head for any any swelling to reduce ...
    yes am gonna monitor her for a day and taking her to baby clinic near by as she has vaccination too in next 2 days ...

5. vsharma

vsharma Platinum IL'ite

Hi Dharmadha,

Dont panic, your LO must be crying cos of fear. Its usually for kids untill 3 years of age if they fall nothing will happen thats what my DS doc had told us when he fell from the cot once. If you still have doubt you can take her to doc and check.

6. Nakshatraa

Nakshatraa Silver IL'ite

Hi dharmadha
    Ya, give her a gentle massage.
    Hold her in your arms / keep her on your lap often for next 2 days until she feels alright.
    Take care

7. april1981

april1981 Gold IL'ite

Hi I think you should take her to the doc immediately and check for any internal injury. No harm in doing that. The sooner the better. Why wait for 2 days also.

8. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I think you should take her to the doctor OP. Its just for your peace of mind. Its always better to make sure she is indeed fine. I am sure she is fine, its just a precaution.

9. Nakshatraa

Nakshatraa Silver IL'ite

Hi dharmada,
    How is ur child? Did u take her to the doc?

10. priyasaki

priyasaki Gold IL'ite

dharmada,

my ds is also 5+ months old and fell down from cot 15 days back...
    he too cried a lot and once consoled he forgot the incident...

nothing to worry if ur lo is doing well...
    did u went to dr?...