1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Biscuit brandy for 2 month baby

Discussion in 'Infants' started by kshema, Jul 28, 2014.

1. kshema

kshema Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    My two month old bout suffering from cold from one week... Second time he's getting cold.. Somebody advised to give biscuit brandy... Please somebody tell me how to give and is it advisable to give??? Plz reply

2. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

I haven't heard about biscuit brandy. Is it brandy? As in, does it contain alcohol? Even if it does in very, very low doses, it is a strict no-no for kids' internal consumption. It really hampers brain development.

I have heard about brandy being applied to the feet of a child(then secure the feet in thick socks)

you might do better with eucalyptus oil or mustard oil, IMO. Rub a drop on the feet and use thick socks. I suggest that you check with the doctor about what to do. Have a humidifier in the room to make his breathing easier. Raise his cot so that the side of his head is at a 30 deg angle to his feet.

Give warm baths in a closed bathroom. Add a couple of drops of eucalyptus oil to the hot water during the bath. The humidity will help.

1 person likes this.
  3. kshema

kshema Bronze IL'ite

Thanks to both of u.. We will try applying to palms and feet only..

4. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

You need to ask this question to your baby's doc before letting that thing anywhere near your baby. What if it causes a rash or something if applied? Don't do anything that becomes a larger problem later. The alcohol can be absorbed thru the skin, I would run it on my baby's palm and feet if I were you. I would use something like baby Vicks or childryl rub available in all medical stores and made specifically for babies. Even that, I checked with the doc before using.

5. kshema

kshema Bronze IL'ite

@laks09 today am going to doctor bcz little temperature is there