1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Non stop flight vs one stop flight to India

Discussion in 'Infants' started by alcyahoo, Jul 22, 2014.

1. alcyahoo

alcyahoo New IL'ite

I am panicking. I am traveling to India by myself and 9 month old baby and 8 year old child. Cannot seem to decide between non stop flight vs with one stop.
    I am a very anxious traveler and would be taking dramamine for motion sickness on the plane.

2. JustMyself

JustMyself Gold IL'ite

With 2 kids, non-stop may be the best bet, as you are travelling alone. Handling a hand-luggage, a hand-ful toddler and an infant would be quiet challenging in a busy airport. if you end up in a situation where both fall asleep or both needs attention, it becomes more tiresome for all involved in an airport.

Irrespective of whether it is 1 stop, or non-stop kids will get cranky when they are forced be in a single place for a long time.

If I were you, I would plan for non-stop flights. Plan for more toys.. and when 1 kid is asleep, try to take walks with the other one inside flight to stretch your legs and to break the monotony for the kids too.

3. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

In my experience, the non-stop was better. I have travelled to India both on non-stop as well as with breaks. Just make sure your 8 year old has enough to keep her occupied. And also make sure you reserve a bassinet for your baby. Especially since you have motion sickness, it would be better for you if you did not have to deal with multiple take off and landings.

Another reason I used to prefer non-stops when my kid was younger was that even if he ran around (which he did not thankfully), it would only be within the aircraft. There was no way he would get lost.

4. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Non-stop would be better. While it is a relief to just step out of the air craft, its hard with hand luggage and 2 kids.