1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Let's share about our 4 month old's..

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Rainbo, Jul 17, 2014.

1. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Hello Mom's,

My LO is 3 months old and he will be completing 4 months within 2 weeks. Right now he is completely on BM & formula. He takes milk every 3-4 hrs once and night he sleeps between 12 - 5 am.

When can we start solids (gerber foods atleast)?

2. Rainbo

Rainbo Silver IL'ite

Anitha..my doc suggested me that..it's better to wait atleast till he is 5.5 months to start solids if your baby is doing good and is healthy by having Bm..

So wait few more weeks .. solids is not good for their stomach now..

3. Rainbo

Rainbo Silver IL'ite

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  4. ammmullu

ammmullu Gold IL'ite

Doctors said like that but u will try first half spoon 1 weak after that 1 spoon Gerber . I put nestum to my baby now 19 months old but so many members said u will start nestum from 4 the month in the 3 rd month end of the day just licked my baby start only after that slowly increase nestum .here Gerber is available .

5. Radical

Radical Silver IL'ite

Hello All,

Thank you Rainbo for starting this thread. My LO will complete 3 months in 10 days.
    He is around 6 kgs. I am very much worried about his weight. He was 5.75 kgs on 8th of July. I don't know why he is not gaining weight. I am extremely worried.
    His Vaccination is on Aug 8th. Hopefully he has gained weight by then.

Radical

6. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Hello ladies,

my my baby is 3.5 months old.. Since his 2nd week of birth he has whitish dandruff like thing on his head .. We're using Burt bee oil .. Dr has no idea about this oil so I'm planning to discard it .. I'm using j n j oil for my elder son ..

Please let me know if this dandruff thing is normal .. He is 15.8 lbs and 25.5 ht

7. Rainbo

Rainbo Silver IL'ite

Radical,
    At 3 months he is almost 13 lbs ..I think that's ok..talk to your doc about it ..doc may tell you to give formula with BM...to gain weight..

8. Rainbo

Rainbo Silver IL'ite

Anitha, my son also have dandruff kind of thing ..I just put some coconut oil and shampoo..it's going on a very slow speed..but I don't think it's anything to worry..some babies have that..it will go away by itself..just continue putting oil..

9. Rainbo

Rainbo Silver IL'ite

Ladies..I am bit conserned about my DS height..he is 24 1/4 ..he should be atleast a inch more at this time..doc said he is in 50 percentile..which is ok according to her..
    but most babies are more than 25"..

10. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

Rainbo my baby sleeps from 6 pm to 6 am. Doesn't wake up for feeds in between.

He's 25% percentile in weight 57% in height.

Dr says he a doing great. So I'm not comparing my baby's height weight and head circumference as of now with other babys.

He he demonstrated rolling over to his doctor and she told she hasn't seems a happier 4 m old till now. He dint cry much after shots also but got feverish next day.

He doesnt like to be held at all. He's interested only in playing whole time.
    These days my mom is holding him n carrying him. So I'm sure he will ask others to carry him always in the future.

My my son tells hi by imitating us. He told hi to his doc also. Don't know if he knows what's he telling but imitates some sound like hi.

i know babies of 4 m old whose length is 23 and I know babies who haven't rolled over til 7m old. So every baby is different. As far as our doctors don't worry I do not be worrying much.

In his 2 nd month visit my son was 13% percentile in weight but he had spitups and I was too much worried about his weight gain.

Now now im not worried. Coz we feed him when he's awake and once he's hungry he wakes up for feeds.
    My son rolls on tummy lifts his head up and cries for god knows what reason. Sometimes he just loves to be on his tummy. He rolls over in fraction of a second. So I'm careful
    to put him anywhere without security.

QUOTE=Rainbo;3336007]

2 people like this.