1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Let's share about our 4 month old's..

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Rainbo, Jul 17, 2014.

1. april1981

april1981 Gold IL'ite

Hi all...uma I try to give him solids atleast 3 times a day but most of the time it is twice. I give him khicdi with veg, fruit purees and cerelac. I also add some ghee since he has a lot of catching up to do in terms of weight. Shruti....I have taken a break from work and dont have any plans to join soon. Pls can u all share how many times you feed solids and what you feed. I want to give him variety but since it is the start I don't want to start too much too soon.

2. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks April!

I feel like a stupid. Crazy work weeks in the past few weeks and I hardly explored more on his solid. I've been giving him once a day feeding from his 6 months and just started twice a day (he just turned 7 months). Now planning to feed him 3 times a day.

Morning: cereal
    Lunch: fruits
    Dinner: Veggies

Planning to add paruppu rice slowly (thanks Chitra!)

3. Gae3

Gae3 Platinum IL'ite

Uma once a day feeding means bf or solid?

4. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Hello ladies,

my my baby is 5.5 months and will turn 6 months by Oct 10.. This weekend we're planing it give him his 1st solid food at temple .. Right now he is on semi solids and gets excited seeing me eating different stuff :) he indirectly says mommy it's time for me to eat too :)

mil bought nestle cerelac for baby planning to try that first then slowly gerber fruits

5. april1981

april1981 Gold IL'ite

Thats good anitha.....if the baby is showing interest then it is time. Also how many teaspoon of semi solid does your lo take in one feed.? I have been giving my lo cerelac but he is not interested that much. :-(

6. machan

machan Platinum IL'ite

Hi
    Anybody using homemade bath powder for your n babies.If so means pls share the ingredients and method

7. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

Mommies, My lo lost interest in solids. He doesn't even open his mouth. He is ok to drink milk, but not solids. I've tried playing, a new toy to play only during feeding time, taking him outside, different consistency, his favorite foods, etc.

nothing works so far. I'm very concerned. Don't know what to do to make it feel interested again.

Also, nowadays he wakes up 4-5 times during nights. Even after waking up, he doesn't go to sleep that easily. Doesn't want to feed either. He was not this bad even as a newborn. I have no idea what made him become cranky at night.

Besides these, he is an active baby. Trying to move around the house.

8. april1981

april1981 Gold IL'ite

Uma ....my lo also is not interested in solids. He will take the first spoon and then will shut his mouth. The same case with water also. I am giving solids in very liquid form. He prefers his food in milk onsistency. My lo was a better sleeper at 4 months. Now he wakes up at least twce , feeds for some fime just because he has woken up and then will take his time to sleep..I am waiting for him to outgrow this phase.

9. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Uma, April,

At which month did you introduce solids? Try nestle cerelac, gerber fruits and see.. Just try to give in semi solids form then slowly make it thicker .. Should work !

10. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@uma Try varying textures. You can try avocado banana etc. My LO did not open his mouth for purees. He ate proper solids with textures at 7.5 months.

With respect to his crankiness check if he is teething. If you can feel his teeth along his gums then more crankiness is to follow!