1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lo rolls over and cries

Discussion in 'Infants' started by shrutimanjunath, Jul 16, 2014.

1. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

My lo is 4 month old and always tries to roll over and gets on belly and cries.

He gets fine once I roll him back on this back and again rolls over and cries.

is this cry avoidable.

2. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

Does he cry the moment he rolls on tummy or after a few mins? In short its unavoidable until they learn to roll back to start to enjoy longer time on tummy. my DS does it too. To an extent he will roll on tummy in sleep and if she doesn't get to turn his face on the side to breath he will cry.. Sometimes he is fine if he turns his head on side. I remember my DD used to sleep on tummy ever since she started rolling over.

Yes you need to keep putting him on his back until her masters it.

3. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

Chitra, He cries after few mins of rolling.
    Just same thing like what you mentioned about ur ds.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2014
  4. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Shruthi, my DD's hand used to get stuck while rolling over. It used used to be stuck in a way that she can no longer roll over or roll back and then she used to start crying. In 2 weeks she got the hang of how things are done though. Hang in there.

2 people like this.
  5. Rainbo

Rainbo Silver IL'ite

Shruthi , my DS does the same ..he rolls over plays for some time and then he cries...I have to put him on his back again...

6. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

He will eventually learn to roll back on his own. I'm not sure what I did accelerated the process but my dd learnt to roll on to her back rather quickly.

Instead of you rolling him over again, show him how to roll back on his own. As in, slowly and gently roll him on his side so he can roll back on his own. Support his front when he is on his side so he doesn't fall on his tummy again. Let him work out how to roll on to his back again.

7. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

OP, 4 months is still too small to roll over. Your baby might be trying to roll over. Only his back and stomach is not strong enuf to roll over and hold onto it. My baby did the same thing. So I used to sit behind him and support his feet using my palms. That gave him confidence and he started to move little by little. Usually right or left hand gets stuck and they dont know how to remove it. Remove it few times and in a week or 2 they will do it themselves.Good Luck.

1 person likes this.
  8. cooks2010

cooks2010 Silver IL'ite

Mine is 7 month old and just started rolling over from back to stomach. She cries too after a few minutes as she cant roll back each time. Sometimes she can roll back and other times even after waving her legs/arms she cant do it and gets frustrated. I then help her roll back.

Maybe its a new position for the baby and it seems strange to the baby.

Cooks.

9. ashwinid01

ashwinid01 Gold IL'ite

I relate it as venting out of babies that right now they can roll only one way and cant roll back to the original position even after trying.. Few more days he will enjoy it :)