1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My 5 and a half month old going 8-10 times potty every day since 4 days

Discussion in 'Infants' started by ashwinid01, Jul 11, 2014.

1. ashwinid01

ashwinid01 Gold IL'ite

My 5 and a half month old going 8-10 times potty every day since 5 days.Earlier he used to go 4 times.
    I have been to doctor and they dint seem worried. They prescribed ZnD. But there's no effect. He is still going potty 8-10 times. He is as active as before.And am exclusively breastfeeding him, but very worried that he ll go weak. Please help me ladies. What should i do from my side.

1 week back i started rice kanji 10 days back but stopped once his potty schedule got changed.Am reallllllllllllllllllllllly worried. Please help me ladies. I just wanna see my lil sweetu healthy.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014

2. roses99

roses99 Silver IL'ite

To my understanding n knowledge there is nothing to worry, as I personally heard from the doctors they should usually make it 10 times a day! just concentrate on your food habits as it is mother feeding. If you are feeding 10 times it is normal with 10 times

No harm and worry until and unless he is active and playing! Just concentrate on your intake of foods :)

3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Is the poop runny? If yes, i would worry. take him to another doctor. If its normal, give it another couple of days and take him to a doctor anyway. Any sudden or unexplained drastic changes needed to be checked.

4. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

Ashwini... Is he getting teeth. Some babies during teething throw up or do more potty and sometimes runny. If your doc has cleared him I would not worry.

2 people like this.
  5. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

When my DD was infant, she had problem of constipation and Dr said It's normal if babies who are in exclusively on BF do potty once in 14 days or 14 times in a day.
    If they are in solid food then it's a problem.

1 person likes this.
  6. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

My dd had diarrhoea for 12 days when she was < 5 months old and the end of it, she cut her first tooth.

Check his gums. Also make sure he isn't running a temperature. Keep him hydrated by feeding him and ride it out if the doctor says it is nothing to worry about.

If he has a rash, you might want to attend to it by washing him with warm water while cleaning and gently patting dry. Also leaving him without a nappy for 10- 15 min after after each bout of diarrhoea will help heal any rash.

Think about the ingredients of the rice gruel. Did it have sugar? Sugar causes the bowels to loosen in an undesirable way, I think. Did it have milk? Though rare, some people are allergic to rice. You might want to introduce some thing else like say, mashed carrot or potatoes. Hope your little one is fine soon.

7. ashwinid01

ashwinid01 Gold IL'ite

Thank you all for your responses... was busy wid LO,cleaning him and all.. He has recovered now.. Ran to doctor couple of times, he was as cool as ever and motivated me to be strong. It was because of my LO keeping fingers in his mouth. Doctor advised me to start semi solids as semisolid food constipate babies.

Also i read about BRAT (banana,rice,apple,toast) to control frequent motions in some website. Even doctor suggested banana and apple as constipators. But how contrary is that. I read in many forums that Apple juice should be given to constipated babies and so is banana.. Anyways dont know whether it was banana and apple or time,my baby is doing well. Indusladies is a lucky forum fa me :)