1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Travel with infant from US to India

Discussion in 'Infants' started by kavitha87, Jul 1, 2014.

1. kavitha87

kavitha87 New IL'ite

Thanks a lot ramyaramani ...

2. Rainbo

Rainbo Silver IL'ite

Hi kavitha,
    i just returned from my india trip with my 4month old alone.don't worry too much babies sleep good in flight it's best that u have ur mom with you she can hold the bag while you hold the baby..I was all alone the most difficult part was holding the baby and the bag both. And thru I migrations it was the worst..
    some important points to consider are

1)buy a good baby carrier..it's a must because infants can't sit in strollers
    2)carry some ready to feed formula
    3)buy a feeding cover
    4)carry a small musical toy which ur baby like..
    5) keep all the baby medicines with u..

and keep all the baby items handy like diapers ,wipes,clothes, blankets ,baby cap and socks.
    make a kit in which u can put few diaper swipes and changing pad because airplane bathrooms are so small so when u need to change just grab that kit n go.
    remember to feed the baby when take off n landing..

3. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

Kavitha: Any reason you don't want to BF your baby in flight? BF makes the babies lot calmer in flight than bottle. There are good nursing shwl available that will make your BF easy. Believe me no one really cares when you BF the baby. There is no reason for your supply to go down in flight if you keep feeding the way youre. If you still want to do formual.Keep trying it. It is tough but he may get hang of it.

Tylenol is completely safe. I would say don't give it until you think your baby is cranky. Yes babies will cry in flight and its common. You will handle it when time comes. Just go with the flow.

4. Kita

Kita Senior IL'ite

Hello,Nothing to tense about traveling with infant just keep few things in mind as others has suggested to you...Carry a separated bag with your baby diapers ,baby foood ( though airline will give baby food) as I too travelled with infant long time ago..If possible carry baby hanging bag ( it will be helpful to you in Dubai ) as you can put you kid in that bag .emirates airport do have stroller for babies but it will be not confortable for infant...Carry wet wipes and some disposal bag for used diapers... Kids cries when plane takes of and land, so don't be panic and don't think about other disturbance ... Last but not the least carry less cabin bag as you have to look for you mother and for your kid too...Wish you a safe and joyful journey

5. kavitha87

kavitha87 New IL'ite

Thanks for ur reply chithra. I love to breastfeed my baby. i dont hesitate. But i am worrying about the milk supply. will he get enough milk? i am not giving him formula now. Bcoz he is not at all drinking. and i dont want to try now. so i dropped that option.

Once again thanks for your valuable reply.

6. kavitha87

kavitha87 New IL'ite

Thank you Kita. i am preparing my list now. Thank you for your reply.

7. kavitha87

kavitha87 New IL'ite

Thank you Rainbo.

8. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

kavitha

I would also strongly suggest a nursing cover that you can use and definitely invest in a baby carrier (preferably the ERGO baby carrier) that would leave your hands free to hold bags or push a carry-on. It would also leave your hand free to fill out immigration forms and things, in case your mom will be unable to hold the baby.

They will allow you to put the baby in the bassinet only when they are asleep and not just all the time. My daughter hated the bassinet, she would sleep and wake up the moment I put her in the bassinet! So I pretty much wore her my entire flight and cannot stress on the convenience of it enough.

9. kavitha87

kavitha87 New IL'ite

Thank u peartree...

10. kavitha87

kavitha87 New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Thanks for all your response.

Here is my list: Is there anything to add or remove? Pls check and let me know about your opinion.

1. Diapers
    2. Wipes
    3. Diaper Changing Pad
    4. Moisturizer
    5. Toys
    6. Sleep Suit
    7. Extra Dresses for baby
    8. Blanket
    9. Expressed Breast Milk and similac formula powder (for back up)
    10.Feeding Bottles
    11.Small Flask
    12.Pacifier
    13.Nursing Cover
    14.Bibs and Burp Cloth
    15.Gripe Water,Tylenol,Pedia Lite,Hand sanitizer

And i bought baby carrier. Planing to pack most of the items in my laptop bag which i carry. And will pack some basic items from the above list in my Diaper bag and i will give it to my mom.

so mostly i will carry my baby,laptop bag and carry on.
    My mom will carry my diaper bag.

Actually we booked wheel chair for her. so hope they will carry both our carry on's in wheel chair (obviously with my mom). She can take my diaper bag.

so i will carry my laptop bag and my baby.

This is what i am expecting. lets see...

Once again thank u all for ur replies.