1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How did your baby surprise you today?

Discussion in 'Infants' started by rose8282, Jun 23, 2014.

1. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Please share how your baby surprised you today... It could be anything from the first smile, loving her bath, recognizing your face, anything.
    My little one changed my life....before I was lazy (still am) and would just sleep or watch tv. Now I stopped watching all my fav shows and I still enjoy it!

Let me start...yesterday we did annaprasanam for her. Fed her kheer/parvaanam. First she would not open her mouth at all. This is one thing she learnt...hardly 6.5 months but learnt to shut her mouth so tightly...and nods her head as saying no when she doesn't want to eat! But when I forced little in...she started grabbing the spoon to be fed more!!! Babies are so funny and cute!

7 people like this.

2. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Already annaprassanna! Congrats Rose! So happy for you and DD.

Mine is not a tiny-baby anymore but something very funny happened for the very first time yesterday. My DH is out of station and he called me. I spoke for a bit and gave the phone to DD. She walked away from me, went to a different room and started talking in her baby-voice. I gave her 2 mins and went and sat beside her. I guess she needed privacy to sing "old mac donanld" to her dad, she walked away again! lol

6 people like this.
  3. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Rakhii!! Isnt that cute...privacy to sing old mac Donald!! Haha..

1 person likes this.
  4. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

My son is 3 m old. First thing he did before dangling any object was he touched his hand to my face. His eye and hand was in coordination when he did this. He did it as if he was dangling any toy. So carefully. So soft. The best feeling was he did it even before learning to dangle any toy. I have hanged lot of toys to his crib but he never bothered And when he did this to me I waS singing a song to him.

3 people like this.
  5. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Goes on to prove we have to respect them like adults to gain the respect back Rose. I am learning so much from her already. God bless!

6. cooks2010

cooks2010 Silver IL'ite

Today we went for a walk, we met some toddlers (from a local daycare) out for a walk too. They all surrounded the stroller and said baby baby!!, she kept staring at them.

They waved there hands and said Hi baby, to my surprise my 6 month old, lifted her hand and waved her fingers...I was totally surprised!!

Cooks.

2 people like this.
  7. sahityaj

sahityaj Silver IL'ite

Nice thread rose
    My boy is 10 months old. These days a 10 yr old girl who stays upstairs is coming everyday to play with him. After playing for sometime she went away. So my boy started crawling to all the rooms searching for her and saying kkkkaaaa( may be akka). We were surprised as he didnt say even amma till now but said akka for her. Soo cute.

1 person likes this.
  8. cooks2010

cooks2010 Silver IL'ite

Awww that's so nice!!

Cooks

9. Vidhyadev

Vidhyadev Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    I am 6 months preg now.. Everyday I use to keep my husband's hand on my baby bump so that he can feel the baby kicks but my baby would never kick when he keeps and will only when I keep my hand... Today for surprise he was telling "Pappa please othay pappa" ("baby please kick") in a very pleasing tone and it kicked twice he was very happy and I was really surprised.. :)

1 person likes this.
  10. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Really sweet...
    Upon Ramyaramani's advice I bought gerber puffs and have started giving my baby. She tries a lot to put it in her mouth...after several tries, she learnt to eat by herself. It surprised me how quickly she figured it out. Good hand eye coordination exercise too. She still can't do it all times but that's the fun in watching her :)