1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Moms of babies under 1 year

Discussion in 'Infants' started by rose8282, Jun 16, 2014.

1. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Calling out on all moms of babies under 1 year! Please share your daily routines, what changes you observe/ milestones of babies and most important...recipes of food you prepare for your little one. I looked in the daily menu updates but it gets difficult to keep track of items you can give to infants.

3 people like this.

2. helpmeangel

helpmeangel Platinum IL'ite

hi rose,

would love to join here..just that, my babies are 2 months old and do not exactly have a routine yet.. would love to learn from all..

2 people like this.
  3. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

Hi. Good thread.

my whole day goes in feeding mainly. I'm trying to put my son under a pattern.
    Hes trying to sleep in the morning and noons ( cat naps). He sleeps whole night. He's 3m old.
    When he falls asleep I run errands or take a small nap.

We are trying to take him out on a stroller walk. Giving him bath with oil massage every evening.

Apart from this im cleaning his bottles. Holding him and playing with him.

We cook all the stuffs for food like chapati subji rice sambhar salad. Weekly once pakoras.

I cook every evening. For next day also. This is all that I have. I'm waiting for lo to complete a year soon. So that he will be eating normal foods.

Hubby is of great help.

2 people like this.
  4. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

Since mom is helping to take care of my son, I contribute only in the morning and evening.

He wakes up around 7 AM and have few cat naps during day time. Once I'm back from work, we take him for walk. I feed him/ bathe him/play with him until 9 PM. Mom takes care of him from 9 till he sleep (max 10). I catch up work after 9 PM.

He wakes up around 4 AM every day for a feeding. Mom takes care of it. This is my schedule. He is only 4 months old. So, no solid yet.

1 person likes this.
  5. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for your replies ladies. I just started typing up a response last night to this thread and I was do tired, I just passed out from all the work during the day!
    My mother in law is here so I have help now but come mid August, it will be just me and hubby. I am dreading because I have to set a new routine. We were contemplating nanny or daycare and finally decided to go with a daycare. We notice our baby is so curious and likes to look around. She holds a bottle, sippy cup, glass with her little hands, of course doesn't drink yet...but puts them to her lips. I think having young kids around her makes her happy. So we decided for daycare...I am so nervous and hope she doesn't fall too sick.

The thing I wanted to mention is I am unable to have a good sleep routine at night. Before she used to sleep quickly but now a days she fusses so much before sleeping. I try rocking, hopping (yes!), putting in crib and then picking up and so on. After I try for one hour, my husband steps in and puts her to sleep in 20 min by pretty much doing same swinging motion! I get disappointed as that is one thing I get to do with her in the whole day (weekday). Have to try harder.

for those starting on solids, please share what you feed your little ones.

6. Divyavignesh

Divyavignesh Gold IL'ite

Good thread,
    My baby is 2 months today and we dont have a proper routine for him yet, hope he falls into a pattern soon.
    I work part time for time being i.e i am gone from 8 to 1 pm.
    So i nurse him once before leaving and my mom n dad take care of his feeding (bottle) in the time and cook lunch too.

I am back from work by 1:05 or 1:10 then i have lunch and nurse him. Night he sleeps with me but after 3:00 am feed i give him to my mom so that i can have solid sleep.

I try to give him bath with my mom's hep, we are taking him for a walk.

Uma,

My doc has told we can start mild solids after 4 moths like cereal or pureed fruits just a spoon

1 person likes this.
  7. Radical

Radical Silver IL'ite

Hello All,

I am FTM, my son is 1.5 month old. We dont have proper routine yet, but hope to get one. Usually he sleeps all night, wakes up every 3hrs for feed. Mornings I will busy with feeds, cleaning, will give him oil massage and bath. I try to take rest when he is asleep but mostly I will be doing some work. I will be moving to UK in aug or sep, he would have just completed 4 months, I am super worried how I will manage everything alone. In India I have good support from parents but there no one..

Radical

8. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Nice to hear from you all. I am using almond oil for massage and it has really helped her skin to reduce the dryness. Her skin is so much better. Just FYI.

9. sahityaj

sahityaj Silver IL'ite

My lil boy is 10 months old now. I stayed at my moms place as i have to study for an exam. She took care of him completely. I used to just bfeed him.
    After that i struggled a lot at my home even though my dh helped a lot. My mom used to come now and then but only for 5-6 days.
    Our routine-
    lo wakes up at 8-9 am. Everyday new time. Bmilk
    I finish lo's and my breakfast before dh goes to office. He works from home 3 days in a week to help me. Our maid only gives bath to lo. Then he sleeps for 1 1/2 hr. I make lunch and eat meanwhile also make lunch for lo. When he wakes up feed him and play with him.
    Again he sleeps for an hr by the time my dh comes home. He takes care of lo completely ghen. I make snack for us and lo. Then workout. Then make dinner for lo and us. Then again give bath to him and make him sleep. Uffff its pretty hectic.

Lo used to sleep by 8-9 pm before. Now he is sleeping by 11.30-12. Sometimes 1. He plays and tries to sit or stand in the crib .
    Am i the only mom in this thread who started solids? By the way rose8282wats your baby's age?

1 person likes this.
  10. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Sahitya...my baby just completed 6 months. I started giving purees that are store bought. Couple of times I tried making but she wouldn't eat. I was scared she would stop eating, so started buying again. Then I realized she doesn't like fruits, homemade or store bought. She just likes vegetables. I made sweet potato and my MIL said it was too heavy for her, god knows why she kept spitting some hours after she ate. So I stopped making. I will start making once she starts rice (after annaprasanam) and after my MIL leaves. She is nice but I think she prefers earths best food to my hand prepared.