1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Moms of babies under 1 year

Discussion in 'Infants' started by rose8282, Jun 16, 2014.

1. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the responses ladies. My daughter is 7 months now. I felt the same too which is why I keep bringing her to my bed. I love cuddling upto her too , guess I should take it easy.

2. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My LO just turned 10 months old two days ago, and today she walked! She has been walking around by holding on to furniture for a month now, but today she just let go and walked across the rug before she fell. Can't believe this little one will be walking around independently in a week or two! She is beating her brother hands down. My son didn't start walking until he was over a year old.

2 people like this.
  3. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

Gauri, congrats on the biggest milestone. They say siblings will be quicker in all milestone as they see there elder one and learn. My boy is 7 months and he says Amma and appa non stop. My dd started talking around 10 months. He will scream Amma when I am not around or when he needs to be fed. gigglingsmiley

1 person likes this.
  4. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Chitra Do you do anything specific like talking to your DS continuously?

My DD started talking when she was 2.3 years old. With DS I was wondering if there could be a change. We all talk but all he utters are aaaa, thaaaa etc...no bi syllables. He is going to be 1 this month!

5. Chitravivek

Ramya: Honestly I would consider myself as one of the laziest mom. I didn't go extra mile with my DD and so not with this guy either. I kind of thought he picked it from her Sister. He loves watching her Sis talk. Believe me he can stare at her Non stop nonsense talks for hours to an extent he wants to skip nap during weekends. My Nanny is Mexican so of course she speaks Spanish so I wouldn't say she taught her much. The little time I get during evenings yes I do spend with kids talking. He always loved it when I said Amma as a baby. He will laugh to it :) I took a video of him calling as my Mom refused to believe :).

I am sure your son is walking and running by now. my DD although talked early walked at 13+ months. Which I never worried about. You know they say in tamil- When kids talk early they walk late and vice versa. Not sure how far this is true.

6. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Chitra Yeah my DS is running now. I do not think of it as an issue. I was only thinking if I should be doing anything different. Everyone around me advises me to talk to my LO. I keep wondering if they think I just keep my mouth shut when I am around my son!

1 person likes this.
  7. Radical

Radical Silver IL'ite

Hello All,

I am FTM of 4 months and 1 week old LO. So many things in mind is keeping me up all night. LO has not gained weight. So dr asked us to start Raagi, I started but my LO then was around 3.5 dint take it. I also felt it was too early to start raagi.

My dr dint agree for formula and said a big NO to bottle. I tried my best giving him raagi but it dint work. I started with Nan 1 30ml now giving him 90ml twice in a day using spoon. Now spoon feeding is also not working, I started giving him bottle from yesterday.

So my daily routine is

7am - BF
    9am- BF
    11am - Formula 90ml
    1pm -BF
    3pm- BF
    5pm - BF
    7pm - BF
    9pm - Formula 90ml

He sleeps by 10 and IBF every 2hrs whole night. I am sleep deprived, sometimes frustrated, irritated.

Am I doing something wrong? please anyone help me.

I am confused that few of them advice me to start rice cereal now i.e, at 4.5 months and some say to start only after 6 months.

I am very much worried what solids to give my LO, as I dont know much of cooking. What should be consistancy?
    What is baby puree? How to prepare it? veg or fruit puree?
    what about raagi seri? when can I give that?

I am so worried. Since I am moving to UK in less than a month, Its just me and DH there. We both have no idea about all these.

Friends please throw some suggestions.

Thanks
    Radical

1 person likes this.
  8. Chitravivek

Radical: Motherhood is tough. Hang in there and it will ease out soon. Youre doing everything right. If your doc has asked to you to give solids then yes you can start at 4+ months but start very very slowly like one spoon rice cereal in BM or formula. Watch for his bowl movements and see if it suits the baby. Then keep increasing the quantity. I would say start with rice cereal and slowly introduce other grains.

You can puree any veggies and fruits by steaming them in cooker. Initially not all babies like solids so give some time for the baby to be adjusted

9. Radical

Radical Silver IL'ite

Thanks a lot Chitra for your reply.