1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Moms of babies under 1 year

Discussion in 'Infants' started by rose8282, Jun 16, 2014.

1. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Don't worry Radical..you can surely manage the baby.

2. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

Dhivya,

I checked with my Ped. He asked me to wait till my lo completes 6 months. His weight gain is normal. So, decided to wait till end of 6 months.

3. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

Rose: Sweet Potato, Green Bean and Peas creates reflux in some babies. You can try it again after a month and see if she likes. Also don't give up on home made purees. Keep trying it as its always good to give fresh home made ones when you can :)

2 people like this.
  4. Radical

Radical Silver IL'ite

hope so rose8282
    I am so so worried, managing my baby, cooking, cleaning, getting groceries..everything doing alone with no support is scary. My DH helps but will be busy with his work...

It was 3 days since my LO pooped, He started crying badly today morning..I called up dr, over the phone he told a medicine...dad went and bought from store..meanwhile mom pacified him..with in an hr everything sorted out, LO did poop and slept..I was so relieved...when such situations come in UK..what will I do all alone..and then comes harsh winters, his teething..looks like my worries are endless

Radical

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  5. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Chitra, DD ate earths best sweet potato...and had some problems when I made the same at home. Then I tried pureeing apple/pear..she didn't like them either. My MIL kept hinting better buy, so I just gave up. I will probably try after she leaves. The thing is if I make it, I would have to do the day before and refrigerate it. Then she would have to put it outside to get it to room temperature. This is also extra work for her to regulate the temp of the food vs just taking a jar out to feed.(she already has had enough handling alone plus cooking).
    What is the best way to thaw..is it ok to microwave? When I start daycare, I need to tell them how I want it to be warmed.

Radical...Experienced moms can help you. I have this tip but not sure if it is the right way. Try giving little prune juice diluted. It can help with constipation.

6. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

Radical,

My son normally poops every 2-3 days. Sometimes every 5 days. I give him tummy massage every time I change diaper and I TAKE prune juice since I feed him my milk.

I wouldn't advise giving prune juice to infants unless your ped recommends.

7. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

Rose. Pls share your pattern as well. When did u intro solids to your lo.

One of my close friends baby whose now 4.5 months was introduced rice cereal and she got digestion issues so the baby kept crying whole night. Can't think of this. The late we introduce solids the better. I learnt this lesson. Thou I'm alone here. I'm trying to take things slowly.

My my son is so moody. Few days he wants bfing and few days strike on bfing.
    He loves bottles then. I'm trying to transition him to bf. but it isn't happening completely.

When I call lc , they say try feeding him with a dropper so that he forgets bottles. I don't know if I practically have patience to feed him 4-7 oz with a dropper b

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  8. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Oh no Shruti, feeding with a dropper?

My daughter's schedule is like (The time means its between those times)
    6-7 milk either formula or b.milk
    8:30-9 any veggie puree
    12:30-1 rice cereal 4 baby spoons + formula
    3:30 - formula
    6:30- oatmeal cereal " +formula
    9:00- I wrestle to put her to sleep with breastmilk
    In the night whenever she asks for milk, I breastfeed her

Pretty much during the day she has formula. Up until a week ago, she had a bottle of breastmilk for one feed. Nowadays, the one time I pump during lunch hour, I am not getting any milk, so formula replaced that feed too. Previously she used to breast feed at 7 and again 9, but 2 months ago, she combined both feeds and drinks only at 9.
    My pediatrician doesn't want me to feed at night so I am pretty much stuck up with formula. Not much supply too....hardly 1 oz.

I introduced rice and oatmeal cereal at 4.5 months and purees at 5.5months. My pediatrician advised cereal at 4.5months but asked to wait till 6months completion for purees. I somehow didn't wait...She had no problems with digestion.

Shruti every baby is different, so don't get scared by your friends' story. Just do what is right for you and the baby. Ideally 6 months+ is recommended, so you can wait.

9. sahityaj

sahityaj Silver IL'ite

Even my paed advised to start solids by 4.5 months. But i didnt want to. I started at 5.5 months. I felt that 1-2 weeks before and after 6 months is good to start with.
    Started with annaprasan. Some relatives fed him spoon ful of rice due to which he had severe constipation and cried a lot. I kept a rectal suppository. Then he pooped but was screaming while pooping. Gave fruit purees in the morning after that for 15 days. Then started giving uggu as second meal. After 1 month gave third meal. Now giving 4 meals per day.
    After starting solids, they may poop 2-3 times per day or once in 2-3 days but what matters is are they making faces while passing gas or are they in pain? If yes you need to worry otherwise its ok. Its important to give water also . Start with 2-3 spoons then gradually increase. Any friut starting with 'p' helps in pooping like pears, plums, prunes, peaches.
    Rose
    did u strain the sweet potato after steaming and pureeing. Because even tennu spits it if not strained. You can also mix fruits with veggies to make him used to that like carrot +apple, or oatmeal/rice+ fruit. Try different combinations but only after introducing each one separately.
    I normally make fresh food for everymeal but to cool it to room temp i keep the hot bowl in other bowl of cool water. Your mil can keep the cold bowl in a other bowl of hot water to thaw it quickly na. Or you can buy baby food warmer. Dont MW baby's food.

10. helpmeangel

helpmeangel Platinum IL'ite

Ladies,

My boy(2 mo) drinks about 3 oz formula about every 3 hours. He is generally not a fussy person. He cries for his feed every 3 hours. I am able to manage him.

But my girl(2 mo) on the other hand, is pretty fussy. She drinks around 2.5 oz of milk every 3 hours. She has digestion issues and posits milk almost every feed. She takes a while to burp too. She cries insistently in the mornings sometimes. I am not sure what is the reason, I try to give her colic aid and put her to sleep. Still, takes a long time to settle down. I am stressed because of this. She isn't gaining much weight too.

What other food items can be introduced and how early can I do it, so that she starts gaining weight? I heard Ragi cereal can be introduced once 3 months are over. Is this true? Please help!!