1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What are signs of teething?

Discussion in 'Infants' started by cooks2010, Mar 24, 2014.

1. cooks2010

cooks2010 Silver IL'ite

My baby is 3 months and I can see patches of cream/ white on gums inside mouth? Are those signs of future teeth? Is it always painful for babies when teeth arrive?

Cooks

2. Sparks

Sparks Bronze IL'ite

Yes the patch that u see inside the gums is sign of teething. But it can take couple of months to actually pop out. Other signs would be having fever, diarrhea,trying to bite everything, waking in the night suddenly and crying.

3. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

A lot of salivating is also a sign of teething. As Sparks has mentioned, it might take a couple of months for the teeth to actually show, but around 3-4 months is when they typically start teething.

4. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Only when you can feel the rough edges in the gums, teeth are actually coming out. This is the stage that is actually very painful (Molars and canine are the most painful. These typically come after kid turns 1). This is the eruption stage. In all other stages babies generally feel like biting something i.e. they have the urge to put things in their mouth. At this stage it is not painful.

5. cooks2010

cooks2010 Silver IL'ite

Thanks everyone!! Just got really excited seeing those white areas. My baby has just started drooling a lot and putting things in her mouth and sucking thumb.

Cooks

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  6. Nidhi2014

Nidhi2014 Silver IL'ite

Hi cooks

my baby is showing similar symptoms..how did you relieve your baby from crying and fussiness.. He is 3 months 1.5 weeks now, drooling, and biting anything that comes his way..I saw his upper two front teeth shining through gums, they haven't popped out yet of course, but I can clearly see white teeth behind the gums..I don't see anywhere else, bottom gum line is still without any sign of teeth.. BUT my bay is looking v irritable and I can feel he is eating less..even pacifier is not helping much these days..

any suggestions?

nidhi

7. cooks2010

cooks2010 Silver IL'ite

Hi nidhi

I would give teething toys to baby, she still loves them. Also at 7 months I would dip one small corner of bib into water, place in freezer and let her play with it. She would put it in her mouth, suck, soothe with the ice. She likes to suck on my arm and bite my fingers sometimes, which I let her do.

Nothing much you can do about drooling, will stop eventually. My baby is 8 months, no teeth yet, more developed gums, palate and mouth.

Cooks

1 person likes this.