1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

6 months old baby not doing any activities

Discussion in 'Infants' started by love2vani, Dec 18, 2013.

1. love2vani

love2vani Junior IL'ite

Hi,

My daughter name is Yazhini. She is 6.5months old not. She net yet started crawling.
    If i will put her to sit, she will sit. Otherwise she wont do it her own.

Why her milestone not happened?

2. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Love2vani
    Its okay for a baby to skip a milestone.My son hardly crawled.Instead he switched from sitting at a place to standing up by holding furnitures.
    If your baby is on the heavier side then that could also be a reason.You have nothing to worry till your baby is active and responding well.

2 people like this.
  3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Vani, babies reach milestones in different paces. Mine also didnt even roll over until after she completed 5.5 months. About 7 months is when she started crawling.
    You can probably lay her down on her tummy, place a nice toy slightly out of her reach and encourage to reach it?

4 people like this.
  4. 2bkind

2bkind Silver IL'ite

My DD was also bit late when compared to her peers . She didn't sit by herself until 8 months. Also as Dinny said they may skip some or have their own pace of doing it. Though my DD didn't sit by herself until 8 months , she crossed 3 milestone within a week of sitting up.. she started standing , crawling and also cruising around holding onto the furniture. So, every baby will reach the milestone according to their own pace. We only need to be concerned if it take beyond the prescribed range for example ,if baby does not sit with out support by 13 months, then we need get it checked out with a doctor. Until then keep encouraging your baby , but don't get stressed.

4 people like this.
  5. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

My DD was also ditto like 2bkind's. She didn't even turn over (though she could) until about 8 months. Then, everything -sitting up, crawling, standing by holding furniture, climbing over pillow mountains - followed within a couple of weeks. I was very concerned until then since she would simply lie on her back and expect someone to entertain her.

I got her checked; everything was fine. I was only told that each child develops at a different rate and that the focus of her development might be on communication rather than exploring her surroundings. Hence, I would sit next to her, make eye contact, chat, sing and tell her stories whether she understood it or not. She would observe and make lots of noises. I also used to put her on my lap, point to things around the house; put her in a forward facing sling, take her out for a walk and point out vehicles, birds and such. She took her time to reach her milestones; she reached them when she was good and ready.

Enjoy this phase too, OP. It flies by too fast to waste worrying...

Hugs,
    G

1 person likes this.
  6. love2vani

love2vani Junior IL'ite

Thanks for your reply.
    Her head was weight. how she will stand up? what kind of things i have to do now?

7. love2vani

love2vani Junior IL'ite

We are tried. 1mint she will play, after that she start crying very loudly. she is comfortable on situp position only.

8. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

OP,
    Kids have their own comfort paces. My DD turned over even before she completed a month, but yet to stand or walk on her own. Only this month she started walking holding things, which is her 18th month. So, give her some time, she may start walking even without reaching other milestones.

1 person likes this.
  9. cooks2010

cooks2010 Silver IL'ite

Yes, many kids do not crawl, they directly start walking, every child develops differently. I know its easy to start comparing with other children, but in the end those nunmbers are just averages. A child's body knows by itself when its ready to reach the next phase of crawling, walking etc..

If you are really concerned, talk to your pediatrian or childs doctor at your next visit, who can certainly reassure you and can give you tips on how to help the child progress to the next milestone.

Cooks.

10. anuajit

anuajit Junior IL'ite

if you dont mind my advice : please visit dr s. balasubramanian at west mambalam near ayodya mandapam and get his advice. you need to take his appointment or if you are lucky you can just walkin in the evenings from 5 pm onwards.