1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Baby cries before & after passing urine

Discussion in 'Infants' started by NAshwini, Jul 5, 2012.

1. NAshwini

NAshwini Gold IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

My baby boy is 6 weeks old.He cries a lot before & after passing the urine.Docter told us to do Complete urine Examination & the Reports are absolutely normal.He also told babies usually cries when urinating.It looks like he feels very burning sensation when passing the urine .It happens only once or twice a day not everytime.He also gives us a signal(a small cry) as soon as he passes the urine,i.e to change the diaper as soon as possible.he almost uses 10-15 diapers per day.
    Is this a common issue with the babies..Iam very much worried about this one as he cries so much when it happens.other wise as long a his tummy is full he is a very healthy boy.

Replies will be appreciated,Thanks in Advance

Thanks Ash

2. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ashwini,
    Congradulations on the arrival of the little bundle of joy...:)

As far as i know and heard from pediatricians,such cries while passing urine are quite common among baby boys..it takes time for them to get adjusted...its a new feeling for them...just let it go...no need to worry at all..
    Regarding diapers,i am not sure whether 10-15 diapers would be required per day,sorry but i never used diaper for the whole day on my baby,only during night time but still wonder whether 10-15 diapers would be required?!!!!
    how do you change diapers,like once immediately he passes urine???

I feel you can use cloth instead of these full covered diapers...there would be better air circulation too

3 people like this.
  3. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Dear

in my opionion, keep diapers for night and regular cotton 'langot' or baby undies ...after all isnt this what of us do back in India esp for a baby so young

that will let him breathe...

my Co-sis is a Dr and uses diapers only at night or while going out

6 people like this.
  4. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

I agree allow him to be without diapers for some parts of the day.

If his body feels too warm, don't wrap him too much too.

2 people like this.
  5. Cutiesri

Cutiesri Gold IL'ite

Ashwini,
    My girl is also 6weeks old and she also cry when passing urine..it jus because of heat.give him a oil bath.nothing to worry.and don't use diaper during day time.allow him free.use it when you are going out at night times alone.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  6. cutekid

cutekid Silver IL'ite

Hi Nashwini,

I think the amount of diapers are too much and may not be comfortable for your little one. Try another brand which makes him feel more dry.

Try to keep him open when he is awake and finished his potty.Do not use only wet wipes try to wash him off if possible using warm water.

Also if possible try to clean his penis gently with water ,our dr has asked me to lightly push the skin on penis and wash it to avoid any UTI.

You too watch our your food and dont eat too acidic food and drink lots of water.

1 person likes this.
  7. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ashwini...
    The diaper may be one cause for the burning sensation like others have said use diapers sparingly...

1 person likes this.
  8. Sankna

Sankna Bronze IL'ite

Ash ,

my baby is 1 year old , when she was few weeks old she also used to cry before passing urine. She became normal when she was 2-3 months old. I guess this is common for new borns as their organs are just developing .

9. NAshwini

NAshwini Gold IL'ite

Hello all,
    thank you very much for all your valuable information.I really appreciate all of you.
    He passes the urine about 10-15 times a day & i need to change his diaper as soon as he urinates.He does not keep the wet diapers,not more than 5 mins.He starts crying if it is not changed immediatly.
    I have tried Langoties also,which are made up of cotton.He cried so much when he passed urine,on the first day when i used them.we thought it might have caused him irritation because of wet langoti so i started using diapers.

i think i have to make him habit of using langoties

Ash

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2012
  10. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ashwini,
    I feel infants will have that irritation and keep crying for sometime whether you use langotti or diapers...
    as you say,please start the practise of cloth instead of diapers...
    maybe you can clean him with a soft cloth dipped in warm water after he passes urine...might ease him and make him feel better...

1 person likes this.