1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Calling all mothers with babies below 1 year....

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Aadhusmom, Nov 29, 2007.

1. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Hey all

New to this thread. Just wanted to share with u that LO keeps me busy, day or night. She has not got into her sleep routines and so sleeps the entire day ! I need not mention, how my nights are.

Most interesting thing is that She keeps singing ....with her aaahss and oooohs the entire night. And she expects someone to respond saying 'hmmm mmmm' :rotfl
    And she has started catching things, be it my hand, the rattles, whatever and everything eventually goes into her mouth:biglaugh

2. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Hello Mommies,

So many updates, LO are keeping all of you busy

Padmini - I think moderate temp of AC is ok, this was the query from on of our ILites sometime back too, and most said it was ok @ 25-27 deg. If it is cold @ nights then I would suggest only fan. Directly under the fan, not too advisable as LO's are prone to colds too. Knowing the hot weather in Chennai may be few of our Chennai mommies can suggest something better.
    Good to know that Hayagreev is enjoying in the rocker and keeping you busy. Yes, the vaccination comes with a temp, and LO will be hooked on tightly to you tomorrow. All the best. After everything settles down you will find the LO to be changed baby. You need to take care of the thigh which is injected and place it carefully while nursing.
    Anitha – Good to see Rithik growing and so many changes in outlook day by day.
    Roopa - Intially it will take time but sooner you will master the art of burping. Do not shake the baby once fed. When the baby is asleep and you cannot burp you can place the baby towards the sides for five minutes and then put the baby to sleep on the back. I have attached the burping positions
    http://www.tutorials.com/04/0439/04394.asp

Just a matter of three months, then the burp will happen automatically once the baby is on the tummy.

Roopa – I agree with tikka. Let it be coconut oil alone without camphor.

Pon – Wishing you a happy healthy vacation.

Sri – DD too is getting fussy with solids. I read somewhere around 8 months they get fussier don’t know if its becoz of teething. Lenora refuses to take the night food.

Ramya – Nice of Adwita to make such sweet sounds. I am sure you are liking the me times with her. Yes, one by one everything goes in the LO’s mouth. Do keep soft teethers and a clean rug handy.

What I found as a good learning was learning from other’s mommies experiences. IL is full of them. Make the best you can. Take care.

3. ridgemma

ridgemma Gold IL'ite

Hi friends

Logging to IL after Sep 09.....looooooooonnnnnngggg gap !! Happy to see Vidyaa, manjulats and other Sep 09 DDC moms active here...Anithaa is a long term friend of mine from TTC...tis like findindg a friend in an unknown party:)...

My lill puppy is Poornasri, Aug 09 born (Preemie at 33 weeks)...active, bubbly dear..now doing well...She was 2 Kgs and now at 5.15 kgs...like every mom my worry is "Is this the right weight?".She is both on BF and Nan1...My paed asked to start solids from Jan 10...I wanna wait till Feb 10...

Any thoughts on the weight part???

Luv

Ridge

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  4. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Roopa ,

As tikka said,just use coocunut oil to massage.Morevover camphor(Soodam in tamil) is also heat for the babies.Please Don't use it for too small babies.You can follow this method when they have a cold ,to absorb the cold ,but that too when are say > 2 yrs old.

5. Padminiramesh

Padminiramesh Senior IL'ite

Hayagreev has got temperature and he is crying crying crying. He is hungry but not sucking, so fed him through paaladai couple of times and he is not sleeping. For temperature i am giving Crocin drops.

Lee,

In Chennai the whether is unpredictable, today morning when we went for vaccination around 7.00 AM, the mist was very worst and it was too cold. But the later part of the day it was bit hot and he started sweating. So maintaining air temperature is a big task here. Yes, the injected area is reddish...while sleeping he somehow turned to that side and started crying like anything...ohh my god it really took very long time for us to console him...so i am keeping him fully in my lap. I hope he should be alright my tomorrow.

Anitha,

Good to know Rithik is progressing well. God bless him.

Hayagreev is doing good but now with temperature because of vaccination.
    Yes Hayagreev is the name of the god of wisdom and knowledge. Here we gave Triple antigen at his 11th day (usually it will be on 3rd day, but since he was under antibiotics till his 10th day we gave on 11th), next at 6th week, 10th week and 14th week.

Even my LO do the same of throwing milk, Sometimes he throws it before the next feed also. Nowadays he started throwing medicines too...this smart guy knows that however he cry we will give him the medicines and he is keeping it under his tongue and throwing it later. Need to be very careful with LOs:)

6. SwamiBlessUsAll

SwamiBlessUsAll Senior IL'ite

Padmini,
    Sending good health vibes to Haygreev - hope he feels better very soon. It hurts so bad to see our LOs suffer.

Manju,
    The move must be so exciting - tiresome at the same time. Have loads of fun.

Mommies,
    My LO feeds every 1 hr-1.5 hrs. But still his weight gain is not much from past month. I have called my lactation consultant - am waiting for her call. Anyone has any idea what is going on? He is 3 mths and 2 weeks old.

His cold and cough is fluctuating - one day he feels better, the next night he wakes up congested. I frequently use nasal drops - that helps him sleep better.

Yesterday morning , was feeling very bummed out. I am losing hair at such astronomical speed. I have almost bald spots near the temples. I am so out of shape. It is soooo cold outside - havent stepped out of the house but for paed's visits. The night before, my LO was fussing for around 6 hrs non stop. So, yesterday night, I left my LO with my DH and went to bed at 8.30 PM. Slept well. I know that my hair problem and wt issue has not changed - :) but I feel lot better now.

- PK

7. roopanair123

roopanair123 Gold IL'ite

hi tikka, manjula, lynette

thanks friends for the responses..

tikka -- yes by reffering to camphor i meant karpooram..the massage lady said mixing camphor with coconut oil and heating both and then massaging the baby with the oil will prevent LO from catching cold. Hence following the same..anywayz will surely consider your advise..

Lynette -- thanks for the burping positions..they are really very helpful.. we are following the 1st and 3rd positions for burping..but taking long time..also LO needs to be fed every 30 mins..he drinks little milk and we have to wait almost 20 - 25 min for burping, will go to sleep, however will wake up soon, again needs to be fed and the same burping procedure...if we dont feed him he yells and screams..

Also finding BF tiring due to this whole procedure..

quite tiring indeed..specially at nights..lately he has developed gas problems hence we are being extra cautious..

hi anitha,:hiya

howz rithik...yes..many of our Jan club members will be soon appearing here..:)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  8. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Wow... Finally am happy to see a preemie mom.. Good company for me :)
    Rithik also same.. Born around 33weeks(Nov 28).. His due is Jan 15th..
    Just he reached his birth wt.. Going good.. But as a mom I always feel he is weak.. I dont know why I have this feeling in me.. Need to keep a full stop coz Rithik is growing and seeing a lot more changes on him..

No vaccinations are given for him..

Right now he is >3kgs and his birth wt was 4 pounds & 4 oz

Keep me updating how you were in those days.. Am always keeping an eye on rithik..

9. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Roopa - I think the mistake is feeding him little milk.. If this continues it will be hectic for you.. Try to feed him good amount of milk every 3hrs and then burp well and make him sleep.. if you give him a nice bath and then feed well and make him sleep - no wonder they will sleep peacefully.. I have seen this in Rihtik..

though LO drinks little.. wait for sometime and then feed him again.. just see how much he drinks.. and follow the same.. it will be more easy for you

All these days Rithik was taking in mls limit.. just today we gave 75ml and he cried for the first time getting hunger in 5min and then I need to bf him.. then he slept

few tips
    1. feed him at regular intervals(every 2/2.5/3 hrs).. Avoid changing times..
    2. bath him same time daily.. usually i bath him around 6pm so that night he will sleep well(it works :)
    3. note how much time LO sleeping and getting up for feeds..

All the best

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  10. ridgemma

ridgemma Gold IL'ite

HHi

Glad that I can be of help...

Even DD recd no vaccines till she reached full term...No,Preemies are not weak...they are just gaining strength till their term:)...

Whe DD was born, was more panic & worried than happy cin her...not a good mommie:hide:, a whole lotta mixed emotions,quit my job...she was just given sponge bath till full term...but touchwood,she was happily growing, doing things at her own pace...My mom told we get this feel as we are cin her grow inch by inch like a flower blooms...When she reached full term, was able to handle her well and so happy to see her clothes getting tight fit...you will also experience this...recently so glad to give away her old clothes to orphanage coz she has outgrown them:)

Just look for the vital stats during paed visits and conc in your interests..I was making fashion jewellery,while taking care of lill P for my bro's marriage for my relatives, used to make them in btw her feeds even in the mid of night..dat way had lill time to worry and kept self sane...

Luv

Ridge

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010