1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Help!! Baby not yet rolled over

Discussion in 'Infants' started by showmemiss, Nov 9, 2011.

1. showmemiss

showmemiss New IL'ite

My baby is 4.5 months and has no plans for rolling over!!!!!! Will she just straight go to sit? She just hold her legs with her arms and just keeps looking around. She still doesn't laugh loudly when I make sounds.

What should I do? Is my baby okay?????? Has any baby skipped milestones?

2. lathakishore

lathakishore Junior IL'ite

Hi, no probs...babies can't rollover becoz of diaphers, uneven bed etc ...nd ofcourse bcoz of head weight some times,no issues....keep ur baby on the floor with some blanket nd u turn her side to side...slowly she will learn...no issues if she dont.....:) :) :) :) dont compare wid other kids as every kid is individual...dont take tense if she dont smile..dat means she is understanding what u r doing....let her learn on her own way......i leart all these frm my 2 yr old kid..:) :) :) me too travelled in the same ship....

3. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

Nothing to worry at all.
    I am a mom of 2 todllers. DD 3.4, and DS 1.10 YRS OLD. my daughter was sopper fast rolling at 2.5 months, sitting at 5, walking at 8. running at 10 months.
    Son was just opposite. infact he never even tried to roll over till 6 months, then slowly he started he walked in 13 months. so it differs from child to child. do not worry.

4. jaimatadi123

jaimatadi123 Senior IL'ite

hi,

Your baby is only 4.5 mo. give her time.. my baby rolled over at 6 mo. only and she is now 13 months nd cruising around holding furniture. its absolutely normal

relax and enjoy your baby

tc

5. jaimatadi123

jaimatadi123 Senior IL'ite

hi,

Your baby is only 4.5 mo. give her time.. my baby rolled over at 6 mo. only and she is now 13 months nd cruising around holding furniture. its absolutely normal

relax and enjoy your baby

tc

6. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dont worry..
    Do you hold her or carry her for long time ? leave her down on the floor.
    Try tummy time. may be she will learn to roll back from tummy to being flat. who knows..

Its not a big deal.. give her some time.
    my LO rolled over right on his 2nd month beginning , but he hasnt moved an inch until he was 6+ months.

7. sahana2011

sahana2011 Junior IL'ite

I keep my baby on the crib most of the times.I have severe back pain(thanks to epidural and c section) and hence I dont put him on the floor since it is difficult to pick him up.Does keeping him on the crib delay rollover?

8. dhivya1584

dhivya1584 New IL'ite

Hi

Yes allow him more floor time..bcoz i did same i used to keep my son in bed/crib/bouncer so he didnt plan to roll over...much worse is he hates tummy time...so always leave him in floor and sit near him head and place toys/books which he like near her head

my son rolled over at 7 month and stated walkin at 13 month...so dont worry

9. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Sahana2011,
    Why dont you try some back-strengethening exercises.
    That will help a lot. Join any pilates class nearby , take some 10 lessens and practice it at home.
    This is the right time to take action or else it is going to be with you forever.. And your kid is not going to be with same weight ,Lo'sweight will increase and carrying LO will become more difficult.

10. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

Start giving her more tummy time. It helps the neck muscles and shoulder muscles to get stronger and will encourage to rollover. Get one of those play mats which has colorful pictures and give her tummy time on the mat. If she hates tummy time then roll a small blanket and put it under her chest and give tummy time.

That being said, not all babies will meet the milestones on time..Some do it early and some late and some skip it and move on to the other ones....DO the best what you can do and leave the rest to her. She will decide what she has to do and what time!

GOod luck

1 person likes this.