1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Help!! Baby not yet rolled over

Discussion in 'Infants' started by showmemiss, Nov 9, 2011.

1. RKeth

RKeth New IL'ite

Dear mamtha82,
    Thanks for your reply. DD is getting closer and i know its only a matter of time. I can see that she is physically strong and active. She grabs her feet and wobbles to the side. When on lap, she arches her back and slips to the floor. At times she even pushes with her feet and moves backwards. All this but NO ROLL! Sometimes I fell she can do it if she wants to but just does not find the need for it yet :) She has figured out that her toys come to her and all she has to do is scream (courtesy: grandparents).

We have our 6th month Doc visit in about 10 days. Will post on how that goes.

2. lucky2015

lucky2015 New IL'ite

hi all,

i do have a concern about my 6 months old dd. she is not yet rolled and we r keeping her on floor since 2 months..she dont like tommy time at all...and we r keep trying her practicing rolling...but she just turn in one angle by moving her head and then stop watching the toy...but she wont push her other leg and back...we gave her a lil training atlast 3 days back she rolled by herself...but agajn she stopped...she always cry for me n want to sit on my lap...with a big effort she rolled one day..but again stopped... 2 days back we had a 6th months wellness check up n he said she is lil slow znd not doing few activities for her age...is this ok? i am really afraid of it...he said we will wait for 9th months visit and decide...but very tensed...is it normal with a kid not rolling not sitting not crawling n she is not keeping her feet into the mouth....these are not doing....rest all fine...

thanks,
    lucky..

3. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi OP and others whose baby have not rolled over yet,

My baby is 9 months and still do not roll over. My ped says its fine, she looks okay. so I have stopped worrying now. She does not crawl and do not think she will ever crawl.

But you still have time, give as much tummy time as possible. Put him in hard surface.
    My girl hates tummy time and cries like anything. In infancy we did not give her enough tummy time seems. Now nothing, no trick works on her and she knows her crying loud tricks works on mom-dad. She will keep sitting, ..if her fav things - remote/cellphone/ toy out of reach, she calculates & never tries to reach even if she has nothing to play with.

If ped is saying, he/she fine, then do not worry enough but keep working on getting them on tummy.

1 person likes this.
  4. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

@sanjurubi3 your little one sounds really cute, she seems to be quite clever and knows exactly how to trick her parents :) my little princess is 7 months ols and doesnt craw. she just gets on all 4 and then swings back and forth.. thats it.. maximum is her crawling accidentally backwards. Her best friend is 10 months and robs on her tummy forward, no crawling, no standing on all four but she makes it forward somehow. Kids differ so much we should stop worry too much and dont compare them all the time. You are right, the most important thing is whether they are fine and doctor says its alright, rest is individuality.

5. sanjuruby3

hi @redruby

Can't believe how smart & merciless these cuties can be? They know exactly how much crying is needed to get job done. Seems I got the laziest one from god. She does nothing other than sitting.. .no sitting on all 4s, no laying down.. playing with whatever in vicinity, or bending, scooting or crying.
    We can leave her on the edge of bed and make a trip to restroom.. safely.

1 person likes this.
  6. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

@Sanjurubi im laughing like anything laugh1smileyyes you are right, they are....
    my hubby is always very concerned she might fall from the bed and i just stand there hunch shoulders and ask how it comes he thinks she will move that far? :biglaughHe is waiting for the big surprise....yesterday ours lifted one of her legs when she was on all 4.. love her to peaces.. but looked a bit like a little doggie or some funny yoga pose...
    Just in case you are interested here´s how i supported her to get up on all 4: give her tummy time and when your baby is in happy mood and lifts himself up with the arms (arms streight like upward facing dog yoga pose) slowly "lift" the butt and bring it in the right position, then encourage your baby by saying how great he/she is doing, slowly remove your hands waiting for your baby to hold the position himself. Make sure the arms can carry your baby. You can do also with duppata if its soft one, just place below your baby round hips and slowly lift so baby can find position. Your baby will realise soon how to do it himself and try it, then the shaking back and forth will start. .... just in case someone is interested... this is how i did "push" my lazy pancake a little bit...

7. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

@lucky2015 I still think that your baby is totally fine and you dont need to worry.
    She is very little and already tried to turn over, so she tries and she is on right track. Dont compare with other kids, everyone has an own way to do things.

but i still share some techniques i know just in case yours need a little push but dont overdo it as that would stress the baby, stay encouraging and praise your baby, it will be very happy, but im sure you already are being very supportive :)
    If your baby is rolling over give a little push with your hand on his hip.
    Put your baby on his back. Hold hisright arm down (or other as you wish) and then place his toy from the left side rising like a sun over him so his face and the other free arm will follow, dont let him reach it until he will turn arround himself. Paediatrician showed me this as mine was a lazy bug too. Said just in case....
    Didnt work on mine maybe will work on yours.
    Last but not least take one hand of your baby, let the baby grab and hold your finger and then slowly pull him over in a way that he thinks he pulls himself and make some oohh your so great and strong cheer up comments on his way.. that worked on mine :biggrin2:

If yours is so clingy the cheering up method while being so close to her might work

8. sanjuruby3

Hi @RedRuby

I have tried all the tricks posted on IL. She immediately starts crying at her highest pitch when she realizes she is going to be put in uncomfortable pose...to scare us off in the first second only.. gives the message "don't even think about it". It is so difficult make any kind of deals with her. But I will definitely try this new trick for all 4s.

She is not experimental. Thanks to activity walker now, we are atleast able to stand her on her legs for few seconds with support. We have accepted that she is never going to do anything on floor, which requires effort,calorie burn & for important things she knows how to get it done.. she will probably walk directly.

9. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

@Sanjuruby3 wowoo im really impressed by the will of your little one, she will become a strong lady! If the paed says she is fine I think she is. If you are sure she is complaining out of stubbornness not of pain its totally completely ok. She really is a tough nut.... I would try to make it a fun.. like teasing her with her favourite toys and letting her chase it.. i try with mine that im on all 4 next to her so we lay next to each other and i kiss her cheek saying incouraging words if she gets irritated and shouts (wants me to pick her up to sit again like yours). To be honest i even crawl up and down in front of her (when no one else is arround of course :hide:) to show her and encourage :rotflI think the most important is to not get stressed or pressurise the kid... if they dont want to there wont be a way to make them do it...they need to start wanting themselfs...

10. lucky2015

lucky2015 New IL'ite

@redruby thanks for your reply...now my dd is close to 7 months but its the same thing she didnt like tummy time and she is not trying for crawling r rolling by herself...some times she do rolling only on the bed...but not on the floor...my doc said we will wait for another 3 months n see...now we started putting her on the walker..so that she is able spend sometime...otherwise always cry for me...now if i hold her when i sit in the couch she will do sittups...atleast some activity...even i am thinking my dd wont roll r crawl directly walk..

bye
    lucky15