1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Help!! Baby not yet rolled over

Discussion in 'Infants' started by showmemiss, Nov 9, 2011.

1. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

Sahana - You could do tummy time even in the crib. But that might hinder the encouragement to do more activities which have to be done on the floor. Why don't you visit a chiropracter and see if he can solve your back problem. Or even see a good physio therapist...Don't ignore this problem. Get a solution quickly because there will be lot more activities that you need to do with your son and you definitely need the strength and energy to do them...

Even I had a C-section and epidural but never had any back problem after the first 2 weeks of his birth...I guess everybody is different!!!

2. RKeth

RKeth New IL'ite

Hi,
    I am new to this site and love reading comments/suggestions from other moms. Being a new mom, it is nice to know that i am not alone.
    My DD is 5 months and has not rolled over yet. I do give her some tummy time daily, but not as much as i would like (I hate to see her hitting her nose trying to hold her head up!). I dont thing she enjoys it much either. I have only recently started putting her on the floor (on the alphabet foam puzzle mat from toysrus - love it and would recommend it to whoever is trying to make up their mind getting one.)
    I have not sleep trained her as suggested (i dont feel right with the way its done), I have to rock her to sleep and hence her afternoon naps are on me. I am starting to wonder if sleeping on me (on the boppy pillow) for the majority of the time has got something to do with the rolling delay.
    Any suggestions in encouraging her to roll is most appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  3. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

4. mamtha82

mamtha82 New IL'ite

Hi Rketh

my baby will turn 5months in two days.......even he has not rolled over(by himself) where as my first son rolled over in 4.5 months and walked by 9 months. For the second one we give his legs in his hands and tried pushing sidewards gently....slowly he is getting used to it he rolled over thrice like this......yes with our help.......today we visited his doc he said boys take time to learn.....So dont worry........even i put my son on me to sleep and some times we both sleep on the chair.........don't worry she will do when she feels like........good luck......hope this helps

5. IlovemyMom

IlovemyMom Gold IL'ite

My baby is 3 months old. Dr says to give her tummy time. My husband does it. But I am not quite comfortable and we both fight. Is tummy time really essential? Babies have to roll on their own I feel. Kindly advise.

6. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Ilovemymom;
    It is not absolutely necessary but it will help the baby to strengthen their neck and head...and muscles. Start with giving LO tummy time under 1 minute..then gradually lengthen it. The moment your LO shows signs of discomfort; keep him back. I have given both my kids tummy time after 6 weeks..

To the OP;
    Every kid will take their own sweet time.. I can understand your "fear". Do not think too much into it; it is not worth such tension. My both kids were different; my girl rolled over when she completed her 5th month and boy did in 3rd month. So; Just enjoy this not turning phase. Atleast; you can put him bed and go on with your chores w/o worrying.
    You can do one thing; it is to put her fovorite toys or bright coloured stuffs on her side..she will gradually reach for it. When she is straining just hold her backside near shoulders..Do not push her; just keep your hand firm that she will feel confident that you are holding her.So she will feel more confident to try more..Ps:Never push her to do it.It might scare her...

Best wishes
    Nitha

7. IlovemyMom

IlovemyMom Gold IL'ite

Hi Nitha,
    Thanks for your reply. Will start doing tummy time for my baby.

8. showmemiss

showmemiss New IL'ite

Tummy time helps! Also aiding baby to roll,over helps. Like just gently turning her to the side when she shows interest.

9. IlovemyMom

IlovemyMom Gold IL'ite

Hi showmemiss,
    Thanks for ur idea. Do we have put baby on the floor for roll over or in the bed?

10. amritavarshini

amritavarshini Bronze IL'ite

hi...there is no need to worry...actually babies can roll over anytime between 3 and 10 months..if u feel there is a problem, y dont u get it checked with her paediatrician? my daughter rolled over on the 100th day, there are children who do it in 6 months, we cannot compare...is ur baby's head still wobbly? i feel that only a dr can advise u better