1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Baby doesn't want to sleep in Crib

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Ranchu, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi ,

My 6month old son wont sleep in crib.
    I have sealy baby mattress in crib. but he wont sleep in that. the moment i put him in crib he is wide awake..
    Its not due to half stomach.. He's now fully a formula-fed baby so that is not a problem.

He wants to sleep with us on our bed.. For few days due to my sleeplessness, I let him co-sleep.. It was easy for me to feed him every 3hrs in the night and let him sleep.. Also when this habit began he used to roll over to his tummy in mid-sleep, however he doesn't know to roll-back. He'd cry and we have to turn him on his back..
    And some nights he even tried crawling while sleeping and started banging his head on crib walls.. Due to this we thought its ok to co-sleep..

But now its been more than 2 weeks and I was thinking it should not become a habit..

I tried cushioning up his crib with an extra comforter (folded it well and spread on crib) . He seems to sleep in that for 30 mins.. but then wakes up again..

During the day he naps on the floor over a comforter for an hr. (since MIL is taking care during the day she lets him sleep downstairs , rather climbing up to his room ) I dont mind as long as he sleeps well..

Any suggestions ?

Will he outgrow this or should I change something ?

2. Ranchu

No one else has this problem ? :-O Good.. Now am feeling super Guilty ! :(

3. goldenrose

goldenrose Senior IL'ite

better make him to sleep in the crib whenever he sleeps, Dont worry if he cries. By crying he will get inactive and fall sleep. Dont worry. Do it now on, otherwise problem for you in future.

4. sahana2011

sahana2011 Junior IL'ite

I agree with goldenrose.my son is 2 months old.we bought sealy baby posterupadic matress for the crib.He used to cry when we put him in the crib.but he seems to be cranky if he co sleeps with us.so i dont mind putting him in the crib.dont get panic when he cries.habits die hard.hence try to make him sleep in the crib.

5. Ranchu

Thanks goldenrose & Sahana2011 .

When i leave him in crib , he seems to roll over in mid-sleep and bends his knees like crawling position, and then keeps banging his head on the walls of Crib.
    is this common with all kids ?
    I get scared that he might hurt himself.

6. sahana2011

sahana2011 Junior IL'ite

my 2 month old son inserts his legs into the rails of the crib and hurts himself.I pray God every night and leave him in the crib.dont worry.keep an eye on him.I heard about some toys that work based on the baby movements in the crib.it will act as an alarm if baby hits his head/any parts of the body.we tend to feel guilty if he hurts himself and puts him in the bed.

7. goldenrose

goldenrose Senior IL'ite

put the pillows on four sides and make him to sleep

8. sahana2011

sahana2011 Junior IL'ite

thanks goldenrose.but it affects the visibility and he does some mischief and spoils his sleep.Iam not able to see him because of the pillows