1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Cabgolin 0.5 tablet to suppress milk?

Discussion in 'Infants' started by seeabitha, Oct 8, 2011.

1. seeabitha

seeabitha Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

My Ds is 18 months old and i am planning to stop BF him.
    I have tried to wean him when he is one but failed

though i am cutting down my number of feedings, i have excess milk so my gyna is suggesting to take CABGOLIN when i wean him for 2days.

But my mom says it may affect feeding the next baby.

Can anyone share ur views please

2. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

Not sure about the tablets..But put cabbage leaves in your bra. The leaves will help you dry up!! Alternatively, you can take a decongestant for few days. Decongestants are known to dry up excess fluids in the body!!

3. amritavarshini

amritavarshini Bronze IL'ite

hi..only two months back i stopped breast feeding...i did not wean gradually, it was all of a sudden but then my daughter then 20 months old cooperated very well..i told her that im not well and that big children do not feed....my gyn did not want me to have tablets, then i consulted a homeopath who also advised against having medicines...i used cabbage leaves and jasmine flowers and expressed out the excess milk ( dont empty out completely, it can lead to increased milk production)..i had terrible pain for a week and then it subsided...drink lots of water, some people might advise u not to but then it is a wrong notion...in kerala we get a nattu medicine called chenninayakam...it is like a paste and usually applied on the breast to discourage feeding..it has a pungent smell and is bitter in taste...i used that also...but not applicable to all babies..some wipe it off and then drink again

4. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

When u r alone at home wear jasmine flowers as garland covering ur breast(like u see in olden day movies). In 2 to 3 days u will see resutls

5. seeabitha

seeabitha Bronze IL'ite

Thanks all.

My PC was not working for fewdays hence late reply

Will try ur suggestions and will share my experience once i wean him