1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why some people are like this

Discussion in 'Infants' started by dsrini, Oct 24, 2007.

1. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

My little Sweetie is 6 months doing lot of things. Sitting independently, talking a lot (like baa , boo , thatha, athai, titi etc.,) everything she is doing is really great to watch but she hasn't rolled over on herself and with a little help she is able to do that , even then she cries when she is on her tummy(i think it is because of frustration).

I know she can roll over in no time n she is going do pretty soon.

I am not worried but people ask about that (is she rolling over) I don't know what to do.

I never ask people about their personal stuff. Lot of people I know ask me
    "Are u breastfeeding?" - even men(my husband's colleague)
    I don't know why people want to know such a personal matter.
    " Is she eating solid ?"
    " Is she rolling?"
    " why is she crying?" - they will say "Mine was a happy baby won't cry like this"

a lot like this.

I hate people with this attitude(comparing n questioning n giving unnecessary advice).

If they r working they comment about me coz I am a at-home mom(according to me its a pretty tough job especially here where u can't get lot of help or keep maid for cleaning n other stuff). I hate them when they hurt my feelings on purpose.

Just thought of share my feelings.

Thanks for reading
    -DSrini

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

It is plain just gossip, that's it! Dear DSrini!
    don't worry and keep a deaf ear to all these comments. If we react it is their victory! Keep these comments and comparisons out of your mind and go on!

sriniketan

3. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

hi

that's the way some people are, don't pay attention to them and carry on.....

i met a lot of people like this.....

take care

4. priyauc

priyauc Bronze IL'ite

Dear Srini,
    You have company. I hate people like this too. When i was pregnant people in the shopping malls would touch my tummy. My colleagues used to rub my tummy and i never like dit. When the baby was born each one would give their expert comments. Even now people ask me are u still breastfeeding, how long will you breastfeed. when are u going to start working, why hasnt your baby got any teeth yet and so on and so forh . The problem is we dont ask personal questions so people must be thinking we are indifferent. But honestly i feel its none of anyones business to be asking personal questions like that. I dont understand why people are so upset with us breastfeeding. Someone once told me why dont you bottlefeed, breastfeeding is such a bother. This she said even without my asking for suggestions or advise. People have lack in life, just ignore them or tell them that you dont like such free advise....i have done that twice, told them off that its my wish whether to breastfeed and look after the baby myself. just be open and speak your mind.:crazyonce my ex colleague asked me if i was breastfeeding my baby, i said no im not the neighbour is, and she shut up after that... hah ha ha ha

Last edited: Oct 24, 2007
  5. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Thanks everyone for ur response.

Priya u r right. I am not that kind of person so its difficult for me to digest.

Thats y I don't talk to this kind of people.

Indusladies is the best place to share all our feelings.

-Dhivya