1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need advice iin baby care - nails

Discussion in 'Infants' started by sowmani, Jul 25, 2011.

1. sowmani

sowmani Bronze IL'ite

Hi Frnds.. Pls help me in cutting nails for my 3 months baby.. I tried cutting with the help of baby nail cutters, but, it was not more convenient that it had cut the skin of my baby, too :confused2::-( Pls reply .. Thanks in advance

2. ArunaRSanthosh

ArunaRSanthosh Platinum IL'ite

After giving ur baby bath, while the baby is sleeping it is very easy for cutting, while they are awake its difficult and dangerous to cut the nails, I cut it when my LO sleeps..

3. rsmadras

rsmadras Bronze IL'ite

Hi dear upto 4 months...Dont use clippers. (i didnt use for sure). I did this...

As soon as my baby took his bath,
    he may fall asleep or might be feeding him. Its perfect time to start.
    Holding his finger and its nail tightly from the root side by one hand, just peel from any of the edges. surely it comes off easily after bath.

after 4 months i felt my LO's nails become little harder than before. so started using Baby nail clippers.
    When i use clippers i WILL NOT do it as soon as he took bath.Clippers r very sharp.
    Do it in sunlight when u do for the first time. Coz it gives greater clarity. Later u can do inside home.

Its really a very very very frightening work for me in the beggining (im first time mom now he s nearing 5 months). Now n all he started to give beaming smiles for his nails done. Im enjoying motherhood.:thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  4. arunakathir

arunakathir Junior IL'ite

Hi sowmani
    its easy when your little fall asleep as i do the same my little angel is now 4 months old

very interesting to do these things to our little ones
    tart up with

And friends i want to give supplements to my dughter she is 4 months old wht can i s

5. rsmadras

rsmadras Bronze IL'ite

Hi Arunakathir....
    Im also in dilemma wat to start with him other than my BM. Doctor advised to give Rice+pottukadalai kanji and sathukudi juice. But he also insisted to give BM as much as possible upto 6 months.
    some ppl here says to start with Lactogen or ceralac lik that. Coz if the kanji s not prepared well baby may get diarrhea. Im more confused now. Wats ur view on this....?
    Anyway im gonna try wat doctor said only...